Civic DD problems

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So the Civic (09) wouldn't start this morning, sounded like it wanted to but just wouldn't turn over all the way. I figured it was a dead battery (no idea how old the battery is) so I ended up taking the wife's car to work.

So I get a new battery after work and install it, car still did the same shit. I try to start it up one more time and this time I half throttle the gas pedal and the car starts...wtf? Why would it do this in a modern day automatic? I took the car around the block, ran fine, no engine lights. Shut the car off, restarted just fine, shut off again, restarted just fine.

Any thoughts?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So I just talked to my buddy that's a mechanic. He thinks the original battery was dead, and when I tried to start it a few times this morning it flooded the motor. When I put the new battery in, it was still flooded and only started after giving it throttle because it opened the tb and gave it some air.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Our 8th gen civic seems to be susceptible to water or something in the tank. Always seems to happen around this time of year. I throw a bottle of heet in it and do as you described where it'll take throttling it to get it started.

I have no clue if it's water or lines freezing. It's happened nearly every year and it happened in Illinois and here in Denver so I don't think it's a specific gas station.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info