Chicagoland Speedway driving experiences??

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I did the Rusty Wallace driving experience in August. I originally bough my driving package last year through Groupon for a pretty good discount. But last Lear the day of my driving experience a massive storm rolled in. Massive rains and heavy winds. Blew everything over and water damage to 8 cars.

They gave me a voucher for everything I payed for to use at another date which I did a year later. I bought 17 laps, picture and video and 4 laps as a passenger. I don't recall the cost. But well worth it. Had a 1/2hour class before hand Which was very helpful and informative. I think the cars top out at 160mph while the ride along as a passenger is 180mph. It was freaking awesome.

I highly recommend doing the ride along. It really gives you an understanding as to how fast you can go in the corners. I saw many people just jump in their cars without a ride along and they went slow not knowing what to expect and wasting their laps.

Since a did the ride along. I made everyone of my 17 laps count. Pretty much WOT the entire time. The guy talking into my ear piece let me know what was going on behind me and when to move over for the professional drivers driving the ride along cars. Occasionally the ear piece guy would let me pass in the corners. That was super fun.

Getting in and out of a stock car was crazy difficult and having my head in the HANS device was even more freaky since it limits your head movement severely. I tried to imagine wrecking the damn car while it catches on fire while trying to escape that steel cocoon while trying to undo the HANS device and safety harness. I think I would have died. LOLzzzzzzz

It's well worth it. But as many laps as you can afford. I bought 17 and did not want to get off the track.

I do not follow NASCAR. But I did get to drive an Earnhardt Budweiser car. So that was very cool.

http://racewithrusty.com

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info