Do you care about the color of what you drive?

Does car color effect your purchasing choice?

• Yes

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Yes but probably wouldn't keep me from buying THE car I wanted

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Post on VW Vortex got me thinking about this;

How much does color fit into your decision when buying a car? And what would it take for you to buy the exact same car in a color you don't love?
My current 'Fleet' is all Black, I couldn't bring myself to daily drive anything Silver/White/Brown.

I LOVE dark blue, but whenever I go to buy a new or used car, they don't seem to be available, or have a significant price premium, enough so that it becomes a deal breaker.

Black has always been Choice #2, I do neglect to clean them as often as I should, but I can't say I've ever been unhappy going with Black.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Yes. I doubt I'll ever own a black car again. I had 3 of them growing up, and yes they look amazing in 2 coats of polish and then wax with correction blah blah blah. But then literally the next day dust/a puddle/microscopic fly shits on your car and it's ruined. Was just too frustrating and I'm way too OCD to put up with it.

My last two cars have been white, and it's insane how much it hides imperfections (especially when it comes to rock chips). White isn't even my favorite color but I'm hard up on it now because your car can still look good after a week or two.

Even more so on interior colors as well. If I can't get exactly what I'm looking for then I'll pass.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
what it comes down to for me, is basically 99% of vehicle colors out there, can be complemented to look good...

I disagree STRONGLY on that.

There isn't a Beige or Brown car on the face of this planet that I'd drive.

Some look 'acceptable' in that color, but I still wouldn't want to own it. Classics like 70's muscle cars and Porsche's come to mind, but it would have to be a STUPID deal for me to actually pull the trigger.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI

Some look 'acceptable' in that color, but I still wouldn't want to own it. Classics like 70's muscle cars and Porsche's come to mind, but it would have to be a STUPID deal for me to actually pull the trigger.

Won't drive beige or brown, but sticker bombed is okay

:mamoru:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

nope, you're wrong.

would drive teh fuck out of all of these. all day.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-08-at-11.34.18-AM.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V96YuWoMuKg

0b33ec0dbb0e5676166b01c158dfd7e7.jpg

dc1b5166ea57a6e37c8afc9690c02ee9.jpg

CA0811-117468_2.jpg

Thread Info