Winter Car Storage

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I park my car and let it sit. Been doing it since 2008 with a brand new M3 and now with the Audi R8. Both cars started just fine in the spring with zero problems. Also, I try to leave as little gas as possible, only so I can go straight to a gas station in the spring to get some fresh fuel in there.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
With the Evo, I basically just let it sit on a trickle, mainly b/c of the tiny battery thats in it (I'll probably unhook it and remove it from the car this year). For gas, I usually leave a 1/4 or less. I dont do anything special otherwise.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I do full tank with fuel stabilizer, bump up the tire pressure and throw a few boxes of baking soda inside and under the hood to absorb moisture. Also dryer sheets around the interior and exterior to hopefully deter rodents. The soft drag radials still flat spot a little, but a healthy burnout rounds em back out. Trickle charger too.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Any cons to leaving it resting on Jack Stands?

I heard a trick where you should cover the top of the jack stands with aluminum foil to prevent mice from getting in the car if you go the jack stand route. Otherwise, I always just disconnect my battery and throw a cover on it. I usually put some of the sticky mouse traps around my garage just to be safe. This reminds me I need to order a cover and find out where the battery is in this car!

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The picture you attached isn't showing up

26605334-023.jpg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I've heard of people laying a tarp down and parking on top of it. Is that to prevent moisture from coming up out of the cement?

I'll have to remember the baking soda thing Joe mentioned. My last Mustang got rust all over the engine after storing it in a particularly damp pole barn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info