Anyone Work for Jeep/Dodge?? In Sales

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
So... I hit a deer yesterday in the cruze. Messed it up pretty good but it is getting fixed. It prompted me and the wife to start pondering other vehicles for her that might be a little safer especially in the winter.

Sooo.... enterprise gave me a fully loaded 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk as a rental. The thing is down right amazing for a small crossover. I really enjoy it so far and it got great reviews from most of the car review sites/magazines. We are considering getting one for her since its bigger and has 4x4 etc for the backroads she takes to her job.

Does anyone work for any dealers that could locate or possibly help us out on one? I know we have Beast for Fords, and Terminator for GM vehicles but I am not sure if anyone works for Jeep? Also if anyone has experience with them chime in.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
We had a 2014 four-cylinder with all-wheel drive, which was extremely problematic. Engine was replaced, transmission was reprogrammed 3+ times with updates and no better than day one. Rattles came back after being fixed, transmission shuddered at low speeds. The V-6 is better in terms of reliability and transmission performance, but still ranks low in reliability. They've finally ironed out a lot of transmission quirkiness for 2016, at least on the 6; haven't driven the four-cylinder yet. It's definitely a gamble, though Jeep has been throwing big money off at the car. Check out the Cherokee forum KL section, lots of good info here: KL Cherokee Tech - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
We had a 2014 four-cylinder with all-wheel drive, which was extremely problematic. Engine was replaced, transmission was reprogrammed 3+ times with updates and no better than day one. Rattles came back after being fixed, transmission shuddered at low speeds. The V-6 is better in terms of reliability and transmission performance, but still ranks low in reliability. They've finally ironed out a lot of transmission quirkiness for 2016, at least on the 6; haven't driven the four-cylinder yet. It's definitely a gamble, though Jeep has been throwing big money off at the car. Check out the Cherokee forum KL section, lots of good info here: KL Cherokee Tech - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Yea I havent felt any transmission issues. This is the V6 version and thats the only one we would buy. a 4x4 suv with a 4 cylinder does not make sense to me. The weird thing is that it doesn't use 9th gear unless your cruising at like 80+ mph otherwise you will never see it.

And granted we would be looking at a 2016

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yea I havent felt any transmission issues. This is the V6 version and thats the only one we would buy. a 4x4 suv with a 4 cylinder does not make sense to me. The weird thing is that it doesn't use 9th gear unless your cruising at like 80+ mph otherwise you will never see it.

And granted we would be looking at a 2016

You're still playing with fire. Will have to weigh the cool factor versus how well you want to know your local dealership.

I'd look at the new Tucson with the turbo 1.6 and dual clutch transmission, the Santa Fe Sport with turbo 2.0 or Mazda CX-5 with 2.5 if you want something more interesting than the standard small SUV.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
You're still playing with fire. Will have to weigh the cool factor versus how well you want to know your local dealership.

I'd look at the new Tucson with the turbo 1.6 and dual clutch transmission, the Santa Fe Sport with turbo 2.0 or Mazda CX-5 with 2.5 if you want something more interesting than the standard small SUV.

We will check them out and drive them as well. It must have 4X4 or AWD, and must be able to at least tow the Trans am on a trailer if need be. weight wise.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
[MENTION=10457]Spivitz[/MENTION]

I’m not much help with where to buy but I am happy to post where I got mine & my opinion.

I bought it here -> M&I Imports | Dealer | Highland Park, Illinois Place did a fine job & I was happy with the price. They currently show a 2007 Cherokee & some wranglers.

I’m 8 months in with my Cherokee & I can tell you it’s one temperamental bitch.
My point, it flat out does not like the cold. Now when I type cold, I mean zero degree or lower wind temperature. You have to hit the start button 8+ times before she fires. It’s just been annoying really as the thing has never stranded me.
I’m currently @ 77,000 miles, it’s fully loaded which means a lot can go wrong with electronic gizmo’s, TPIM issues ( google that ) along with auto start not working for whatever reason, or the dam thing going into limp dick mode because the gas cap is not fully tightened ( even though it always is )

Since owning it I’ve put new rubber on, replaced the alternator ( YA, WTF ) Battery, double WTF & the God Dam Radiator ( ended up the thermostat went bad, this had to of been from the thing sitting for several months before I took owner ship. ) I’ve obviously invested a lil more coin this soon into the game than I wanted thus I’d lose my ass getting rid of it.

It is a great riding vehicle, very smooth. The 5.7 has decent power.

Would I buy one again?
Fuck No. If I were in the market now I’d buy a 2012-2015 Tahoe LTZ all day long.

We rented a 2015 Suburban LTZ last weekend for a trip to KC. I was impressed with that thing all the way around.
It moved nicely weighed down with 6 of us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info