Hyundai Genesis

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Love it? Hate it?

We took a buddy's Genesis to a comedy club last night and it wasn't a bad ride. Ended up parked between a Carrera and an R8.

The 2015 looks like it takes a big step forward for Hyundai. The Genesis goes for $45-$50K new and sells for under $30K a couple years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFU-tnQXVIA

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I'm thinking that the depreciation is still going to hit the 2015s until the market realizes it's a better car than the 2014s. Might be the potential for getting one of the 2015s for a bargain price in a year or two. It would be a deal if it's available two years old with low miles for around $30K.

If the 2015s don't drop as much, the 2014s should see even bigger price drops.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I really like them. There was a fully loaded one in the showroom when we bought the wife's Elantra. Sticker was close to mid 60s it was quite the sticker shock

Nvm scratch that just looked it up. It's the equise or whatever that large car is called from hyundai

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I don't know how easy it would be to work on the Genesis. Engine bay is crammed and there are cover panels for the entire bottom of the car. In the video, they mention having to remove two of the panels just to change the oil.

2015-Hyundai-Genesis-Ultimate-Pack-V6-engine-1280x851.jpg

Good looking engine bay but no room to work.

2015-Hyundai-Genesis-sedan-V8-engine.jpg

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I'm a fan.
[MENTION=29]MIKES3[/MENTION]

I did a lot of research on the Genesis prior to my choice. I needed a daily driver but I also wanted power and the looks of a conservative luxury vehicle w/o breaking the wallet.

I found out the 2012 up until October of 2013 they made a freak 3.8 genesis. Very under rated in power and 0-60. They rate mine at a 13.8 stock with a 0-60 of 5.4 seconds. I made sure I bought a Genesis that was built prior to October of 2013. Anything after that the cars for some reason are slower. Especially the 2014-2015 models.

I'm very happy with the car as a daily driver. It's a shame they dont produce aftermarket power adders for the sedan. The cars rated at 333hp @ 291ft/lbs.

I'm trying to find the link that shows the power difference.

The Genesis & Sonata are looking better every year. However, to each his own.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I don't know how easy it would be to work on the Genesis. Engine bay is crammed and there are cover panels for the entire bottom of the car. In the video, they mention having to remove two of the panels just to change the oil.

Flat bottom gets you better gas mileage, and once you pull all the plastic covers off the top of most of these motors it is no different then anything else out there.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

2015-Hyundai-Genesis-Ultimate-Pack-V6-engine-1280x851.jpg

Good looking engine bay but no room to work.

2015-Hyundai-Genesis-sedan-V8-engine.jpg

That's pretty much every car made now. They say they're there for fuel efficiency but in Audi's case they're their to catch all the dripping fluids. :s00ls:

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The new cars are really good looking in person. Unfortunately every time I see one I think to myself that it's something I'd drive if it didn't have a Hyundai badge on it.

Ha Ha. I was thinking if I did buy one, first mod would be pulling the Hyundai badge off.

100K power train warranty and close to half list price for a 2-3 year old with low miles. You can get 2012-2013 R-Specs for mid to high $20Ks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info