Fender exit opinions

Look up Matt Walter and his third gen. He's running like 10.20's these days in a n/a LS manual trans 90's Camaro.
I've been friends with him on Facebook for some time and ffollowing his cars progress. 4th gen interior as well. He has fender exits. BangShift.com ls manual transmission

Imo, the best part is all the ground clearance you'll gain and the ability to lower your car more and not have the exhaust hitting everything all the time when you daily drive it. I've asked him about how loud it was compared to under the car and he told me it wasn't that bad at all.

Soo, imo, the benefits outweigh the negative effects. You can even still run a little bullet muffler right before the fender if you want.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
If you want a race car go with fender exit exhaust. My car is just a simple street car that runs well so I have a 4" down pipe routed through a bmr turbo kmember to a cutout that tapers down to a 3" magnaflow catback. Best of all worlds honestly because if I want it loud I'll open the cutout but more often than not I run it closed to keep it quiet. Talk to Joe@straightline. He'll help you fab up any turbo piping you'll need.

When people say fender exit isn't bad at all, you have to weigh that what they are willing to live with and what you are willing to live with are 2 completely different things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info