Well its about fucking time 1st hellcat in the 9s. (At least proof of)

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Figured this news would be all over here and common knowledge by now.

I have not seen this posted yet so here we go.

hp tuners hc first to 9s | SRT Hellcat Forum

:fu: Guess I'll have to stop with the Hellcat hate...... :rofl:

Booooooo!

I give it a 9/10 because....

Hello all - I'm Mike, the sales manager at Fastlane. We're not a vendor yet, but we hope to be soon. I got permission from admin Cereal Killer to go ahead and post the mods list for Racecat, as I know he is OK with it and I know there is quite a bit of interest, so here goes. We built our own 10 % overdrive balancer before they were readily available from ATI, although we do have an ATI balancer that we will be installing in the interest of safety. Metco Motorsports upper pulley ( thanks Rick! A really nice piece!). Stock airbox with a K & N panel filter. ARH headers w/o cats, factory cat-back. Custom E85 tune by Sam Sloan of Fastlane, 150cc Infinity injectors from The Tuning School. Driveshaft Shop 1-piece aluminum driveshaft. CCW 18" wheels, M & H frontrunners, Mickey Thompson ET Street R DOT radials, 305/45-18. Paul at Razors Edge Motorsports supplied us with quite a few pieces - lightweight front and rear bumper supports, rear seat delete, rear control arms, and the first a-pillar gauge pod for the 2015 Challenger. Nitrous Outlet supplied the nitrous system - 150hp dry system. That's everything I can recall at the moment - thanks for the interest.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They run 10's stock on a drag radial but reduce weight, add lots of boost and 150 shot to get it in the 9's? It has to be making 950+ at the crank. And only a 9.94 @ 140. I am not really impressed. I wonder what it weighed.

I like the hellcat. Just not impressed with all that and hardly squeezed into the 9's. I have a feeling we will see people run 9's with less work in the future. It's a new car. Always takes a while to sort them out.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
They run 10's stock on a drag radial but reduce weight, add lots of boost and 150 shot to get it in the 9's? It has to be making 950+ at the crank. And only a 9.94 @ 140. I am not really impressed. I wonder what it weighed.

I like the hellcat. Just not impressed with all that and hardly squeezed into the 9's. I have a feeling we will see people run 9's with less work in the future. It's a new car. Always takes a while to sort them out.

I was thinking the same thing.. granted its harder to go from 10s to 9s.. compared to 13s from 14s...

but it runs like 10.6 with a slick BONE STOCK... how did ALL of those horsepower mods only net it .7?? Especially with a lower AND upper pulley.. not to mention nitrous?

Still a tuning issue? something not unlocked?

:dunno:

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I was thinking the same thing.. granted its harder to go from 10s to 9s.. compared to 13s from 14s...

but it runs like 10.6 with a slick BONE STOCK... how did ALL of those horsepower mods only net it .7?? Especially with a lower AND upper pulley.. not to mention nitrous?

Still a tuning issue? something not unlocked?

:dunno:

Because the didnt have shanefap tuning :s00ls:

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

Pratt I thought the same thing. I wonder what it ran on just boost?

BTW my scale weight with me in the car was 4655 lbs!

Source

Sweet mother of God...they got a tank to goes 9's and you guys aren't impressed?

rovlta9.jpg

That being said, I still want one because...Hellcat.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
According to google the curb weight on a Charger Hellcat is 4560 pounds. If we assume a 180# driver they took out 100# out of the car. Not excessive weight removal I guess.

At that weight and his ET/MPH that calculates out to 966 crank hp.

Pushing a heavy pig down the track isn't easy, no doubt.

What size blower is on those cars from the factory?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This was a Challenger? Those things are that heavy? A charger I can understand the weight being a 4 door and what not. But your 2 door pony car is is only 15 pounds lighter than your 4 door family car? Way to go Dodge! :rofl:

Google lists a 2015 non hellcat Challenger as weighing 3,834 to 4,449 lbs. lmfao! A 4,449 pony car? lmfao! I heard they were heavy but never knew they were that bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info