C6 Z06?! Possibly!!!

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
So... I'm thinking about trading in the Cobra and getting a C6Z. I'm not too familiar with Vette prices so I thought I would pick TCG's brain!

It's a 2008 with a mild cam, Corsa exhaust, Kooks headers, and "may" have headwork to fix that nasty valve issue. Here is the kicker... it has 80K on the ODO. They are asking $34,860 at a no-haggle price (I tried).

What are high mileage C6Zs going for these day and is this a good price? They offered $13.5K on the Cobra.

Any input appreciated!!

-Steve

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
80k miles and "may have head work" :rofl:
I wouldn't bother, especially for that price.
Most '08+'s are still going for $40k+ , but I've seen some higher mileage 06-07's go for low-mid 30's. The head work is kind of a big deal, so I'd factor that into the equation whether you want to buy one already done or set aside a few thousand dollars and do it/have it done yourself.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
The Buy It now prices aren't concurrent with what other people on here are saying though...

Jean, do a lot of people throw in cams without doing headwork as well?

Most people who are into modifying these cars are aware of the head/valve issues and will address the heads and cam all at once like you said. However, I have seen some modified/cammed Z's for sale with stock, untouched heads.
It sucks, because these cars aren't cheap and"necessary" heads/valve work will set you back even more..but it's best to get it done for peace of mind. I'd cringe at the thought of grenading an LS7.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I was under the impression that they all suffered from that... although I am VERY fresh to the LSx crowd.

Depends who you ask. GM confirmed recently that certain years (forgot which off the top of my head) were affected by a specific machining error. But if you look at the gigantic thread about it on CF, you can see people from each and every C6Z year having one valve issue or another. The consensus seems to be that no specific year or years are considered "safe".

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Yeah, LS7s aren't cheap! So factor in headwork in the price. Is there a way to visually check to see if there is headwork done?

I'm the type of guy that would rather be on the "prevention" side than the "replacement" side. I know we can do the wiggle test but I don't think they'll let me dig around the engine prior to purchase. lol

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
They are asking $34,860 at a no-haggle price (I tried).

What are high mileage C6Zs going for these day and is this a good price? They offered $13.5K on the Cobra.

Any input appreciated!!

-Steve

So population consensus- "leave it". Anyone have a suggestion for a counter offer?

You already stated the dealership will not budge on price. Along with, folks here are telling you to "run", not simply "walk", away from this Vette.

But if you insist, tell them you want the Vette, with your trade in, at ....

$15k OTD
1 year bumper to bumper warranty
Check for $3k to help cover the head work
$300 gift card to Capital Grill
2 tickets for a Blackhawks home game (on the glass)

And anal sex or a blow job from a female employee of your choice who works at the dealership.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
My advice..... Look around and take your time. Oh and try selling your cobra privately to get the most money.

It took me well over a year of just looking around and searching the internet before I found my SOM trans am and boy did I get a home run. If I would have jumped at the first few I saw I would have gotten less of a car for around the same money. Check craigslist, talk with private owners on the cars. I would much rather buy a used Corvette from some 50 year old man with all maintenance records who took pride in his car, than from a dealer who has no idea where it came from.

Money talks, you will get a better deal on a pvt sale

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info