Out of state, salt free truck search.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Hey fellas. Time has come to pick up another pick up truck for various home improvement projects, camping trips etc, but looking for a bit more of a long term truck (2-5 yrs) rather than a few months.

Looking to spend 6-10k for the right truck, relatively rust free, don't really mind 2wd vs 4wd, less than 130k, not brand specific but tend to stay away from Dodge. I have TONS of PTO to take and wouldn't mind a cruise to Tennessee or Kentucky to find the right specimen to sit on my driveway and wait to be called upon.

On one of my typical 3 hour craigslist searches, I combed through Nashville Tennessee and was actually surprised to find both the price and mileage on the trucks to be decently high. I realize they are quite dependent on trucks down there.

This being said, since I am looking for an obviously used truck ( not looking for a gem) is it worth heading South to find a rust free vehicle at the cost of higher price/mileage? The last 2002 Ford F-150 I bought was less than 3k but had the 5.4 manifold leak, rust nearly everywhere, and looked like a pain in the arse to turn a wrench on due to the massive rust. I have toyed with the idea of a Lightning but God knows those cant be utilized well in winter and I don't really know if I need a 390 hp pickup just to sit around.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
There are plenty of rust free trucks out this way and some are way cheap (especially 2wd). :dunno:

This man speaks the truth. I just did a quick search, similar pricing for non-rusted piece of shit trucks. I've been looking for an s10 5speed for 2 months now that isn't rusted to hell around here. They're either white trashed, Taco'd, or rusted. :picard:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Does it have to be a pickup truck? What about a suv that can tow some and buy/rent a utility trailer when you need to haul stuff not in the suv?

I'm in home improvement full blown mode currently and have been borrowing a friend utility trailer with my escape for all my hauling needs...

Just putting another option out there.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
2000 CHEVY S-10

if this had a clear title it'd be cool unless you are okay with rebuilt

2005 Chev Silverado

sell all the bullshit off this one

06 Ford F150 XL Regular cab work truck

looks decent
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4

4k without topper

2001 very clean f150 with commercial topper

another rebuilt title truck that looks decent

chevy 1500

higher miles than you wanted but clean and toyota pickups are always worht a good amount

2005 Toyota Tacoma

4wd rcsb

truck

2005 Ford Ranger Edge

high miles but looks clean

2005 CHEVY COLORADO LS CREWCAB

step side reg cab looks clean

http://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/5203403225.html

CEL but looks clean

2003 chev stepside ext cab z71

2004 f150 fx4

a bit high price wise i think. cool color and options though

Gmc sle pickup

high miles but looks clean

Silverado

2005 Silverado LS Long Bed Reg. Cab V8 2 owner non Smoker

another fucking rebuilt title crew cab

2004 GMC CREW CAB Z71 SLT LOADED!!!!!

ehh

2007 Dodge Ram 1500

this thing is fucking minty and awesome. and way cool if it's original owner

1984 Chevrolet C10

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Might be heading West now! haha. I feel now is a good time to buy because truck prices tend to rise in the Fall due to the upcoming winter etc. Good finds you guys have posted!

Suv's are nice [MENTION=133]Angus[/MENTION] but I am pretty much looking at pick up trucks.

I would budge on the mileage as I know these trucks tend to be runners, I just get iffy when a vehicle is approaching a quarter million miles.

Crew cab is also a huge plus... I know I sound like a dick with all these specifics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info