Another great Modern Muscle story

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Modern muscle ,can it get any worse?

So some time back I had a monster clutch installed by yours truly modern muscle. I ended up going a different route on the clutch so I took off the monster clutch which had maybe if that 800 miles on it. Then I went to put on the new clutch.As I was taking off the slave cylinder I noticed 4 tiny washers fall off. Guess they lost my two stock bolts and got new ones that were to long so they had to use washers to be able to hold slave cylinder shut wit a gap around it.kinda shitty but ok...

Then i was looking for shims, none to be found . As I put the right shim I needed for the new set up and went to bolt up the slave cylinder the two bolts would not catch. So as I put down the slave cylinder looking what could be wrong jason points out to me the back of the slave. And what I found no words could be said. They welded the back of the slave where the shim should go to make a gap and not use shims which is the proper way to do it.i was pissed now I had to get a new slave after this one was fairly new. And on top of that one of the welds broke off so who knows where that ended up.

Went to modern muscle today. Told brad what I just told u guys and he had nothing to say. I told him I want a refund on the slave they hacked up. He told me he would have to get Justin's approval for that. He takes off then comes back and gets on the phone asking for a new slave wit there parts guy. I told him I have it already ordered because I don't want any down time and I got the best priced one I could find to help them out.(should of got a more expensive one) so he's still on the phone while I told him what it cost me and have proof of it. He says he can not cut me a check or give me cash they will not do that while he is all upset about this. Then brad asked for the price and when he can get it. Then u hear brad say no that's fine just checking . Then comes to me and says how much was it ? And it was way cheaper then what his parts guy said and he said I will cut u a check.lol trying to be a hard ass and then u offer to cut a check since it will cost them more going to there supplier. As I told him to do that in the first place.

Asked him if he thought this work was excitable and said they have to do what they need to do to get people up and running. I was thinking really so don't matter how it's done as long as it's done. Then he continued to say if they would of told me a week longer was needed then it would of been a problem. I rather have it done rit and pay the extra coin to have it done rit and not rushed with a hack job to get me on my way. As he gave me the check he told me this squash everything and not to come back here again I said no problem I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this shit. As he goes on saying to act as they don't exist any more I told him I wish I could but my burnt interior can not say they same since u guys did that also!!! And walked out as he said yea. Never thought a business or shop would say that? Not really professional on there behalf. Even when all this was on them not me.also they wanted to keep the slave, I am sure they wanted to get rid of it but I made sure to take pics of what they have done.

I did tell him about the interior and what I told Savi.he said that what a employee said was going to do he could not do since it was not told to him. And since Savi does not work there any more he can't do a thing. I also showed him pics of the burnt power wire that was wrapped up in electrical tape since they melted the wire to bare wires and just wrapped it. Also the carpet that was burnt. Then he told me they fixed the seat and it's functional and since the part of the carpet that is burnt is under the seat that's the best they could do. And I told him what if I did that to him? He just mumbled and went to say if our relationship wit thin went a different way they would have done something!!!!!!????? Wtf really I tried talking to them and there employee and got no where!!! So this is some how my fault that they burnt my damn seats and wires ??? Here's the pics thanks again guys !!
761a677e3e86e27e71dafa0effc143c0.jpg

Pics are of the Tiny washers and then one next to the tick shims. Then of the slave they welded up and of my interior.
b59929b54f2f4e18f78afea69d3defa1.jpg
0e1c64933776fac811ad0a2a6bf41f06.jpg
f6d629bb07382899fc9125d967911a02.jpg
9f1f486826ffc20ce763a0ad04ca2761.jpg
713b7fa0005c60929059999497e7a6c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modern muscle ,can it get any worse?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Looks like typical MM work to this guy! If they didn't have some rich NFL guy backing them, they'd have failed a long time ago.

What's sad is how many cars they must send out the doors that the owners just DON'T KNOW how bad their build is... and just go along happy as can be not knowing how shoddy it really is.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Makes me wonder what they did to screw me over. They did not do my build on my GTO I did all that work but I brought my cylinder heads to them to have springs swapped over. I was told by them that 2 of the valves were completely siezed and needed to be sent out and fixed. (Not sure if that was true or they just took me for my money). So I had them "fix" the heads.

Funny thing is the cause of the GTO engine blowing up was a valve guide siezing in the head and letting the valve hit the piston. My guess is it was probably their shotty work.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Makes me wonder what they did to screw me over. They did not do my build on my GTO I did all that work but I brought my cylinder heads to them to have springs swapped over. I was told by them that 2 of the valves were completely siezed and needed to be sent out and fixed. (Not sure if that was true or they just took me for my money). So I had them "fix" the heads.

Funny thing is the cause of the GTO engine blowing up was a valve guide siezing in the head and letting the valve hit the piston. My guess is it was probably their shotty work.

Post a pic of your old sunfire on steroids ?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It just comes down to Honesty. Things happen in the performance industry. Some parts don't gel well with others or factory things. Sometimes things go wrong especially with custom applications. It would be much better if they were just honest with people, I am sure more customers would appreciate that when things do go wrong, and actually might be willing to pay some extra money to have honest misshaps fixed. But instead they are shady.

ewillmann

Mar 21, 2015
Hmmm... This is why I didn't go back to them either. Bad tune is probably what caused my motor to explode. They did a battery relocation and connected the ground wire to a suspension piece. Also left wires exposed that should have been covered at the very least.
When they did a cam and head install on the previous motor they gave the car back to me and had a spark plug wire grounding on something. Car couldn't go over 40 mph. Paid those guys over 5k all said and done and all I got was BS. Never got a Dyno sheet after the tune either. When they put the steering rack back on they didn't push it down all the way onto the gear causing my steering wheel to pull out half about an inch on acceleration. Everything they touched had to be redone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info