Has anyone done the 24 hours of Lemons before?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Picked up a vehicle that could be a good candidate (98 Ranger, 2wd, 3.0 V6), and have access to potentially have a cage built very affordably for it.

Yes, I know its a Truck, but light trucks have a good track record of making it to the ends of these races, just not running the fastest lap times. Also having a 5X4.5 bolt pattern makes getting decent sized wheels/tires used off a Mustang for it cheaply is another attractive perk.

Yes, I know it costs vastly more than $500, and am aware of what is, and isn't exempt from the 'price', just curious who all has actually done this?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
oh man. ive wanted to for years. but never have.

I'm torn between flipping it and making a few bucks, or potentially having a Lemons truck ready for next years races...

The Rules aren't too outlandish, my main fear is 'being a first timer' and laying out the money to do this, to get there and have something not pass Tech, or get DQ'ed for not having prior road-course experience...

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
flip and make the money.

the only reason why we did sycamore years ago was because we got a few cars that were basically free and we would have never been able to sell the cars whole.

i would wait till i had somehting like that. i refuse to spend monies to do lemons or sycamore(spectator class)

but then again, i might be cheaper than you! lol

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
flip and make the money.

the only reason why we did sycamore years ago was because we got a few cars that were basically free and we would have never been able to sell the cars whole.

i would wait till i had somehting like that. i refuse to spend monies to do lemons or sycamore(spectator class)

but then again, i might be cheaper than you! lol

That's the other thing, I'd imagine I could probably fine something in worse shape, even cheaper if I was buying it deliberately for Lemons :bowrofl:

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
The other thread for Lemons has a lot of info. Biggest thing is just finishing and getting your cage/car to pass it's first tech. I have only done 2 races, doing my third in october.

You need, cage, cutoff switch, battery box, fire protection/extinguisher system. FIA seat, belts if you don't want to use the stock seat... I like living so I wouldn't do that.

Gets more expensive for each person as you need helmet, sfi suit, shoes, gloves, etc. You can share but I wouldn't want that. If you really need that stuff there are a couple of places that have old nascar suits for cheap. I would prefer a hans device over a neck brace but that is just me.

Lemons is more for fun with some competition, Chump is getting more and more competitive as the years go on. Lots of really fast BMW's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info