Who knows about the newer Hyundai engines?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
My parents are car shopping to replace their CRV. They really like the way the new Santa Fe's look and drive. How are the 2.0 turbo engines vs the base engine? Reliability is key. They don't care about speed. Hah.

They usually buy their cars fully loaded as well. They had a problem free CRV for 130,000 miles. They would like to repeat the same with this particular Santa Fe.

Anyone have real world experience?

[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] ?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Don't think it had many issues. It was in a few vehicles before it went in the Santa Fe. It's the turbo right? I believe it went in the Genesis as well. Never heard much bad. Plus the warranty is baller.

My mom and mother in law both have the Veracruz and love it. No issues after 65k

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Hard to say because the engine is such a new offering. Predicted reliability is average for the non-turbo and slightly below average for the turbo. That likely has more to do with extra equipment of the more-expensive models than the engine and transmission, which look to have solid reliability. The more crap you put in a car, the chances of something breaking increase. If they want Honda reliability, they should buy a Honda.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info