LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL New Tacoma 4 cylinder...

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
The 4-Cylinder Toyota Tacoma Is Completely Pointless

Congrats my 15 year old shit box non supercharged wbody had a V6 that made more HP.

Why compare a car engine to a 4 cylinder truck engine? Yes its apples to oranges, yes its car vs truck, and yes its 4 cylinder vs 6 cylinder.

However its 2015!!!!! Fucking 15 years newer under 200 Hp in a pickup is a downright shame IMO.
I didn't know ANY 4 cylinder on the market made such pitiful HP for a brand new vehicle.

Good lord did they pluck that engine out of a Scion Tc? :rofl:

Go buy a Colorado or Canyon if anyone is looking at a Tacoma! :iorun:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I was just lookin at the spec comparison sheet and Ive never owned one.

But still my point is less than 2k for the V6 model and the mileage difference is next to nothing.

Im pretty certain the resale alone would get that 2k back.

ONLY reason I could see that 4 cylinder being a decent option is a 2wd reg. cab fleet vehicle. That's bare bones with nothing extra. Either way none of these supposed "mid" size trucks are very small anymore either.

A 4 cylinder 4 door truck with some options is going to be a heavy gutless wonder.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The 2.7 4cyl taco's are pure badass reliability.

Ill take an ext cab 4x4 2.7 5 speed please.

I actually just test drove one and loved it. 2.7 was fine power wise with the manual and 4.10's, felt a bit lackluster with the auto. I'd be using it as a work vehicle and putting tons of miles on that I don't want to or need to put on the F350.

I can also buy a 2015 2.7, 4x4, 6-Speed Access cab (ext cab) with a 6' bed, A/C, cruise, power windows and locks, touchscreen stereo, etc etc etc etc etc for $24,300 before rebates. Duplicate that with a Colorado and its $31,000. I could probably get the Taco for $21,000. I'm impatiently waiting for pricing on that exact truck as a 2016 though.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I actually just test drove one and loved it. 2.7 was fine power wise with the manual and 4.10's, felt a bit lackluster with the auto. I'd be using it as a work vehicle and putting tons of miles on that I don't want to or need to put on the F350.

And thats how most are optioned. Manual work trucks. Not many on the lot with the 2.7 and auto. At least not when i worked there.

A 4cyl stick 4x4 taco is the ultimate all around truck.

And just for added commentary. I daily drive a 4.0 auto tacoma. Love it. Plenty of power, decent mpgs, drives nice yada yada.

But if i had a choice...it would be 2.7 with the 5 or even 6spd.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Have driven. Still hate. Gutless turdbox in stick or auto. I'll keep my oversized cowboy cadillac.

Ford Ranger with 2.7 EcoBoost yet!?

1293842033856607783.jpg

Such a majestic creature

1293842034097783335.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
The 2.7 4cyl taco's are pure badass reliability.

Also, toyota has a habit of making very torquey 4cyl with there vvti. I challenge you to drive any 99+ 4cyl toyota and tell me you're not impressed with them.

Ill take an ext cab 4x4 2.7 5 speed please.

180 ft pounds is torque? :s00ls:

Apparently you didn't read the article. (again)

Anything new should be reliable over 100k easy....... :ugh:

And lastly you and ilikemtb999........... :buttsex::gayy:

LOL pair of :nutz:

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

180 ft pounds is torque? :s00ls:

Apparently you didn't read the article. (again)

Anything new should be reliable over 100k easy....... :ugh:

And lastly you and ilikemtb999........... :buttsex::gayy:

LOL pair of :nutz:

I did read the article, you fuck. But like others have said...its Jalopnik....literally the tabloid of car reviews and reporting.

I have personal experience dealing with the vehicles. By that definition alone, I am more qualified to talk about them than jalopnik

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Ive got it pretty cake, Eat sleep lift weights as long as the Radars spinning I can twiddle my thumbs until something breaks. And do everything I can possible to drive bubbles nuts with jalopnik articles and saying the Toyota Tacoma is a over rated under powered gutless wonder........

LOL I bet this TATA I have here in Afghanistan to drive makes more HP/TQ!

:io:

Some people are so angry..... Its kind of like watching CNN don't like what you see or hear CHANGE the fucking channel and stop whining like a little vagina.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info