VW Snobs. Enter.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
They're good cars. Never heard any horror stores out of them. A friend of mine has one and puts a decent amount of miles on it annually... He has some APR goodies on it and has never had an issue.

If you're looking, I'll give you my buddies contact info. He's a salesman at Autobarn VW in Mt Prospect. Done two deals with him and have became friends, he's a no BS person and will find you a car.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
They're good cars. Never heard any horror stores out of them. A friend of mine has one and puts a decent amount of miles on it annually... He has some APR goodies on it and has never had an issue.

If you're looking, I'll give you my buddies contact info. He's a salesman at Autobarn VW in Mt Prospect. Done two deals with him and have became friends, he's a no BS person and will find you a car.

yes.. get me his contact info!

how do they respond to mods? we would like to do a tune for sure

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Her price range puts her well outside of the initial launch 2.0T issues. From what I've read and heard, the 2.0T is pretty stout now that they've figured out the initial issues.

I'll echo what I say in almost all VW threads, be wary of repair costs out of warranty. Plus initial build quality of VW's is good, but the interiors especially, do not wear well. Friend has a 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen with around 40K miles, so far he's had both rear coils springs break, bricked entertainment unit, and more squeaks and rattles than an early 2000's GM product. That was all outside of warranty. I know others have had different experiences, but between my moms Beetle, my buddies Jetta, and his mom's Beetle and EOS, I've lost a lot of respect for the perceived VW quality and reliability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info