New Lenox, IL
Explorer. /thread

New 2.3EB FWD rated at 19/28

2016-Ford-Explorer-22.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
What does she have now and how will she use the SUV?

A minivan (2009 Honda Odyssey EX-V6) LOL. I friggin' hate it and refuse to dry it. I think she wants something different because she is closing in on 100k miles and is getting tired of it since she had it since new.

Hauling kids? How many? Car pooling? Car seats?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I went through this decision just recently. I had 7 row SUV's down to choosing from an Explorer Sport or Highlander Limited.

Ultimately, I choose a 15 Ford Edge Sport. I only have 1 kid and for now found the far row not worth it. It’s too tight for adults and eats up cargo space when the seats are up.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Other than those, check out the 2016 Honda Pilot. It's massive on the inside and is extremely easy to gain access to the third row. The best thing you can do if you need easy third-row access is to get captain's chairs in the second row. Otherwise, few automakers make it easy to gain access with a high-riding SUV.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
doesn't sound like your looking for a Fullsize SUV but after going from my 2004 GMC Envoy to a 08 Navigator not a chance in hell I'd buy another midsize suv!!!!

Front wheel drive SUV that weighs an asston no thanks!! FWD SUV makes absolutely no sense IMO!

If your after brand new the Navigator is out of price range though a used one isn't.

Blah Blah why didn't I get a Tahoe or GM SUV? Well my Navigator is loaded had every option you could get for that year. Major thing for the Navigator VS Denali or Escalade is the push button power fold 3rd row seats and the ability to put it in RWD only. (Denali and Escalade are full time AWD)

You obviously have to deal with snow also so again Id take a barely used Navigator or ANY midsize wanna be glorified mini van of a midsize!

The navigator is my wifes ride and she's 5'1" all of maybe 115#. And I have 2 little boys the ability to haul pretty much anything I need with a trailer also makes owning a wimpy midsize SUV seem silly. Also the midsizes barely get better mileage anyways. Ill take the mileage hit on having a WAYYYY more capable SUV!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Right but my argument here is the Fullsize vehicle are a far more capable SUV at the cost of the mileage.....

Also I see he has he has a fullsize truck so I can see not needing another Fullsize.

I drive a car and my wife drives a fullsize so I don't have fullsize pickup for Ohh Shit need to tow/pull/drive in shit weather occasions.

Anyways I still stand by the FWD SUVs are silly and pointless. Not a chance in hell Id want a FWD only suv even if its a midsize....

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
More room inside than a Tahoe/Yukon/Escaldae or my Navigator or Expidition?

I doubt it! Especially in long wheel base platform!

I misspoke. I was thinking minivans. A full-size crossover like the Traverse has 151 cubic feet of passenger volume compared with the Navigators 159 cubic feet, so it's close.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info