I made the mistake of finally test driving a 2015 mustang

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Let me start off by saying, I am still not sold on the looks of these cars, I think the Roush package cars are very attractive, but un-necessarily expensive for just being an appearance package.

But goddamn are they smooth compared to my 2014 (ride wise)... And the seats and general 'content' of a Premium car, is perfect. I had no idea that the premium cars all came with heated/cooled seats, the big screen dash, backup camera, and tons of other little touches.

I drove a manual ecoboost performance pack and I'm not really keen on that power plant either to be honest, it feels anemic compared to my 5.0 (yes, I know there is a 100 horsepower gap, but it feels worse than that)

So does a more refined ride and substantially more features being standard offset how I feel about the looks?

Also, I'm still too fat for the Optional recaros, but the premium seats have actual bolstering and are very comfortable.

I'm completely torn...

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
After owning a S197 for the better part of a decade and then sitting in a 15, I wouldn't buy another S197 unless it was a 13-14 GT500. The interior of the 15 Mustang is night and day in terms of features and refinement. Plus the styling of the 15 looks great in person. The more I see them on the road, the more the styling has grown on me.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The 13-14 cars are very attractive to me, but I think the '15 is the best looking Mustang to date. Every time I see one I wanna sell my notch...lol

I'm just not sold on the looks still, I still feel the front is very Fusiony.

I think the Roush front clips make a BIG difference, and I'm seeing them pop-up all over (Roush trimmed cars).

This, I'm COMPLETELY sold on:

8a7f99f7bb1e1f166c2f301246d969b3.jpg

But not for the like $5,000 mark-up they are tossing on them for some plastic...

*For those curious, here is a normal one*

deep-impact-blue-2015-mustang.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed driving the 15. The previous years are dropping in value rapidly. I say do it.

I wouldn't say 'rapidly', I've been watching the values closely, and they aren't depreciating faster than any other 'previous generation' car.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
While the new engine doesn’t quite come up with triple-fours, it does pump out 435 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 400 lb-ft at 4250 rpm, increases over the old 5.0 of 15 horsepower and 10 lb-ft. The extra output was achieved via improved head flow (which Ford was able to accomplish through casting rather than expensive machining), larger valves with increased (Boss 302–spec) lift, stiffer valve springs, the Boss’s forged connecting rods, and some aesthetically pleasing tubular headers. The compression ratio remains 11.0:1, and an oil cooler is now standard. The 5.0 commands an $8500 premium over the V-6, which equates to $63 per additional pony.
Per C&D

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I'll give u 20k let me know
Yaok don't stroke me Gomez! And come up a couple grand and I'll be in to order my '15 tomorrow:bigthumb:
I'm just not sold on the looks still, I still feel the front is very Fusiony.

*For those curious, here is a normal one*

deep-impact-blue-2015-mustang.jpg

The "normal" one is fuckin sick imo! I'll take a 5.0 with performance pack and recaros in Guard Green please!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info