Some Ecoboost Mustang track runs

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
FFtec did their first shakedown runs in their EB Mustang shop car. this is a shop that usually works with AWD cars and not too familiar on launching a RWD and is shows but not bad for their first shakedown runs... A bit of practice from the driver and a bit more tuning and this car should crack 10's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJD-oUs02s

- Technical Details -

Turbo System
BorgWarner EFR8374 @ ~33PSI
FFTEC CylHead/Turbo Flange Adapter
FFTEC Intake System
FFTEC Chargepipe System
FFTEC EcoEconomy Intercooler
FFTEC Exhaust System

Cylinder Block
FFTEC Forged Pistons
FFTEC Forged Rods
OEM Crank
OEM Cylinder Block -- No BlockGuard, Sleeves, CSS, etc.

Cylinder Head
OEM Cylinder Head -- no Port/Polish
OEM Valves
OEM Valve Springs
OEM Camshafts

ECM/Electronics
COBB Accessport Protuned by our own Calibration Staff

Fuel System
Stock Fuel System -- yes, it's possible!
91 Octane Fuel blended with some 101 = ~95-96 Octane

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
is that the one that made 500whp in the dyno video, looks like its running pretty good

Its not the car that was in the video but this one is making is making similar HP.. 500hp is the limit for the stock fuel system if they really push it. The car in the other Video on the dyno is getting some additional Fuel Injectors added and soon should be seeing some even bigger hp... and then probably some holes in the pistons because that one is stock internals still.

Also the air temps in this video were in the mid-high 90's... in cooler air it will get much better.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

IMG_20150626_221231%201.jpg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
That seems like a lot of work to run 11's.....

I do agree based on what it takes to get the 5.0 into the 11's, virtually nothing. But this motor and the that one are not comparable.
But when you look at all the other turbo 4cyl cars running 11's, look what it takes to get them there as well. I feel this has a bit more potential for some reason. Also it didn't take to long for these to get there. Like mentioned, a bit more practice and better temps, this will be in the 10's.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think this car would be able to get the car to run 10's with 500rwhp. Just needs suspension tuning and driver practice. But at what cost?

I think people will find out the engine makes for a good daily driver. But modding it is expensive when it isn't going to run much better than Coyote with a tune. I think this just shows us the car needs the 6 cylinder Ecoboost. That might have a chance at making better power and a better performing car. I like the idea of a line up like a Ecoboost 4, Ecoboost 6, 5.0, 5.2 and Ecoboost 5.2. :pedobear:

FFTEC Max! Performance Turbo System | FFTec Motorsports | Store

Looks like this car made 435 and the kit (albeit with smaller turbo options) is ~$3600. So you're looking at probably in the neighborhood of $5500-6500 to go 10's (fuel upgrades, tune, and misc parts).

While not terrible, since it's a Mustang the Coyote option is just sitting there rip for the picking. If I were in the market for a new toy I'd have a hard time talking myself out of it, but then again I'd probably curse out my decision every time I hit a roadblock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info