What do you daily drive?

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
What's your daily beater and would you buy it again?

I have been rocking my 02 santa fe for awhile now and want to sell it to get something with better gas mileage. Just not sure what, on a 3-3500 budget. Needs a big trunk or hatch to move my gas tanks around and something roomy for 2 car seats possibly 3.
Thinking a ford focus, or scion xb. Not sure what else is out there and decent.
So first I have to sell the bike, then the truck and get me something then to sell the wifes car and get her a mini van.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
This. Averages about 29mpg mixed. 96-00 civic EX is a great car with good MPG and in your budget.

20150317_083649_zpsfi2hjc06.jpg

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
08 Explorer. So far, very reliable and comfortable. Would buy another one in a heart beat.

Gets around 12-15 MPG around town and about 20 MPH on the highyway. I drive 23 miles a day and on the weekends and fill up every 2 weeks. It's more towards a full-size and has tons of space and decent amenities.

I would love to have a newer 13+ Explorer, but, way out of my budget.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
06 Saab 9-3.

And yes, I am actually very surprised with this car. Only downside is availability of Saab-specific parts (body/interior). The rest of the car is GM and it's a turbo ecotec.

I only drive around town, and across Geneva to be parked at the train station. It does that just fine.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
06 Saab 9-3.

And yes, I am actually very surprised with this car. Only downside is availability of Saab-specific parts (body/interior). The rest of the car is GM and it's a turbo ecotec.

I only drive around town, and across Geneva to be parked at the train station. It does that just fine.

I was going to get a saab last year but I hear the repairs are expensive and they weren't reliable. hmm. Guess I'll reconsider.
How do you like the escape?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info