need a professional detail

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
So when my car was a down, I taped newspapers over the fenders. I used the tan painters tape. Took the tape off last year when the car was ready for the street, but it still has the tape residue on the paint. I tried getting it off with some waxing and what not but to no avail. Can someone send me in the direction of a shop or member to get this crap off my fenders?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So when my car was a down, I taped newspapers over the fenders. I used the tan painters tape. Took the tape off last year when the car was ready for the street, but it still has the tape residue on the paint. I tried getting it off with some waxing and what not but to no avail. Can someone send me in the direction of a shop or member to get this crap off my fenders?

You can't wax off adhesive residue. Get some mineral spirits and use it and a clean towel to remove the residue, then, wax the entire car as the mineral spirits will remove the wax you applied.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
tumblr_lp6pi0ZwjJ1qde6e2o1_500.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info