YouTube Chris Harris on Cars - Porsche 991 GT3 RS

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Interesting, I wonder why they decided to add the turbo side scoops this time...

More air to the motor. I saw the video yesterday and think he even said that.

Bad ass car for sure. The front end grip is what people always say is weak on these cars. It is interesting to see them using a wider 265 tire. Will the wider trend continue on all 911 in the future?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
More air to the motor. I saw the video yesterday and think he even said that.

Bad ass car for sure. The front end grip is what people always say is weak on these cars. It is interesting to see them using a wider 265 tire. Will the wider trend continue on all 911 in the future?

I'm not sure if I like it as far as styling goes. To me, it now looks like a turbo that somebody modded to look like an RS... I'm sure it's very functional though.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think they wanted the wider turbo body for the track width and tire they could fit under it. The scoops feeding the 500hp mill was a bonus to the engine team. haha

And these things are wide in the hips! I thought the 997 had a good width to it. These seem to be 3" wider when both car bodies are next to each other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info