YouTube 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce does the Ring in 6:59

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
enjoy this before the new acr takes it down LOL

I'm not sure the new ACR will drop 13 seconds from the last version, honestly. It's only up a few horsepower, it has more downforce, but it doesn't seem like the weight is going to be drastically different. I expect a few seconds, but probably not faster than the last gen ACR-X (which did a 7:03, but was 120 lbs lighter than the ACR)

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'm not sure the new ACR will drop 13 seconds from the last version, honestly. It's only up a few horsepower, it has more downforce, but it doesn't seem like the weight is going to be drastically different. I expect a few seconds, but probably not faster than the last gen ACR-X (which did a 7:03, but was 120 lbs lighter than the ACR)

HP isn't everything. If the aero, suspension and tire changes work well - I can see the ACR under 7 mins.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
HP isn't everything. If the aero, suspension and tire changes work well - I can see the ACR under 7 mins.

No it isn't, but the weight is much more important. I still can't see the new ACR getting under the old ACR-X's time, which was about as close to a LMGT car as you could get at the time. The new ACR is still basically full interior and road car suspension, whereas the old ACR-X was one racing seat, completely stripped interior w/o side windows, fully adjustable suspension more-so based on the race program, much more thorough aerodynamic work over the standard ACR, and much more downforce over the ACR. Only thing it didn't have was full-slicks (can't find information on what tires were used for the record run, but I'm sure they were DOT slicks). I'm sure the new ACR uses what's learned there, but still can't see it overcoming the weight disadvantage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info