Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Ditch both and run a "Trans Am" decal in stock location

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So Breze's post on his C5Z molding has me even more torn on the molding on my T/A. I want to keep the Trans Am badge but am undecided on the molding. I like it but mine are faded and starting to yellow. Do I get them repainted or ditch them entirely? Should I keep the T/A badge or just run a decal?

Molding and badge
02silverws6passside3hg.jpg

No molding with badge
DSCN2021.jpg

No molding or badge
image-2.jpg

No molding with T/A decal
photoshoot7_zps4f5b22ad.jpg

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Just soak them with goo gone or WD40 for 5 mins, then hit them again for another 5 mins. Take some wax based dental floss and work a corner about 4 inches in then peel that corner back lightly and fold a piece of paper several times to create a wedge and slip it in to create a void to work with. Then take a Zip tie and slip it around the molding like a loop, Use that to hold on to and pull back on. You can then take a blow dryer and heat up the length of the molding and pull back on the Zip tie loop to pop it off. If it ends up still giving you a tough time just continue to cut the adhesive with the floss. Go slow and easy, The more you heat it up the less residue you will potentially leave behind. DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN... You will heat up the paint to the point that it will become soft and you can leave impressions in the clear... After they are off remove the rest of the adhesive with goo gone / WD40 and knead the adhesive with your finger into a ball. Go back and wipe everything down, Claybar and polish ;)

Thread Info