C5Z Body Side Molding Removal.. Yay or Nay?

Should I Remove The Body Side Molding

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Personal opinion, Should I remove them or keep them... I can't make up my mind but I may just do it... But once they are off they are fucking DONE SON!!!!!

Some have seen pics of my car I posted in another thread but this is the current look with them on...

Random Withouts
tumblr_muhl5r4iD31rsywglo3_500.jpg

vhb71i.jpg

8276255396_a68f6e1bf1_b.jpg

2ll25qv.jpg

Random Comparison
yellow_with_and_without.jpg

Breze84

Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Off but I'm guessing you'll have to polish the car as the paint will look different where it was removed.

I will end up buffing those areas but not because im scared of the paint not matching, Just to remove any blemishes ect. The car has been garaged its whole life so its not like it will be faded. Only time there is a problem is if something was painted and they didn't remove them to do so. It will be ok...

Without and get some black C5Z wheels.

Nah I got rid of C5Z wheels to go to C6Z... C5Z wheels just don't do it for me anymore...

I also just tinted the windows this past sat.

Breze84

Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
They look too tucked in on there rear. Are they C6 offset? My C6Z repros were actually C5 offset so they sat perfectly flush in the rear wheel well.
IMAG0276.jpg

Nah they are 58mm C5 Z06 offset... From the top view they are flush with the QP, Its hard to tell in the pictures. I think the C6Z splash guard throws off the perception from that angle.. They are 19x11 with a 305/35/19 NT05R which is a 27.5" tire... C5Z's stick out a little farther then a C6 coupe offset do to the rim being wider from the factory. Only other option I would have had was a C6Z rear offset which would cause the tire to sit out about 1/2 past the QP, Some guys do that but I dont like the look

Thread Info