dat swaintech

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
got my equal length header from JDL back from swaintech today. looky nice, much excite.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Don't be suprised if the pipes yellow after some heat cycles. I had mine coated by them as well and they yellowed very quickly. I ended up wrapping them anyway to help keep the heat down

yeah yellow doesn't sound sexy but i don't really care about the looks. i saw that and was going to ask you about that. i'm sure you have much more heat with the turbo. how much did your under hood temps drop just by having them? i have a sensor that occasionally goes off on track and the speculation is that it is from heat and is the closest to the header. i'm just hoping it goes away. it would be nice if it was generally cooler down there but i think my intake temps should be pretty decent because i've gold foil wrapped a bunch of stuff and have this big snorkel going down for cool air.

10665341_727299043992471_837905599_n.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
yeah yellow doesn't sound sexy but i don't really care about the looks. i saw that and was going to ask you about that. i'm sure you have much more heat with the turbo. how much did your under hood temps drop just by having them? i have a sensor that occasionally goes off on track and the speculation is that it is from heat and is the closest to the header. i'm just hoping it goes away. it would be nice if it was generally cooler down there but i think my intake temps should be pretty decent because i've gold foil wrapped a bunch of stuff and have this big snorkel going down for cool air.

10665341_727299043992471_837905599_n.jpg

It's really hard to say because I never had the kit in without the coating. I will say that I was still melting stuff under the hood so if you have any close by wire harnesses and plastics keep an eye on them to see if they begin to warp/melt. I will say that after using the titanium dei wrap my temps and plastics dropped dramatically. Your car may not experience the same heat cycles that mine does though. My best advice is to keep an eye on it. If nothing is hindered by the pipes then don't worry about it. I'd imagine that the new pipes run the same path as OE so the manufacturer probably routed everything away from the exhaust on purpose.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
:rofl: Are you going to WMHM or any of the #Gridlife events?

is wmhm still a thing? i thought it kind of turned into gridlife. i am going to gridlife. i will have a gal with me though. and you won't fit in a brz back seat because you are a human based life form.

i've done a couple bmw schools there actually, it's more of a matter of pushing myself and getting the smooth mechanics down. my first track day this year is going to be 2 day bmw school at autobahn on the 16th. surprisingly the first year bmw is down to running just 1 school i think (normally 3+ in any prior year i can recall!) - i've done autobahn a lot but never with 2 days of instruction (or my new go fast parts) so i am looking forward to it. i don't know what track it is though, so here's hoping it is full/south.

Inforterrible4cylinderenginesounds :io:

i'm not actually super pleased with my replacement tomei exhaust note, but the thing moves more air and weighs a hell of a lot less. i prefer the unequal sound but i'm not going for sound here... we'll see how this thing actually comes out. i don't expect to love it but a solid tuner recommended the header and intake i've got.

It's really hard to say because I never had the kit in without the coating. I will say that I was still melting stuff under the hood so if you have any close by wire harnesses and plastics keep an eye on them to see if they begin to warp/melt. I will say that after using the titanium dei wrap my temps and plastics dropped dramatically. Your car may not experience the same heat cycles that mine does though. My best advice is to keep an eye on it. If nothing is hindered by the pipes then don't worry about it. I'd imagine that the new pipes run the same path as OE so the manufacturer probably routed everything away from the exhaust on purpose.

stock

43801.jpg

with turbo and the power to make your car doing what it is in your sig i gotta guess you are blasting way more heat through there. although a much shorter period of time while i will be blanketing the thing non-stop for 20 minutes. i haven't heard about people having melty problems sans coating with this header so i'm thinking i will be all good there though.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
is wmhm still a thing? i thought it kind of turned into gridlife. i am going to gridlife. i will have a gal with me though. and you won't fit in a brz back seat because you are a human based life form.

Back seat?

I'll be bringing my junk Honda. The Gridlife is still a little :ugh: to me, too many kids. If there's a deal for a day or something I'll snag it up, other than that idk if I'll be there. I mean... drifting? Does anyone actually know what drifting is? Cause a bunch of cars sliding around is stoooooopid.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i don't know how many people signed up last year. i was annoyed i had to give up my spot for car show guys to park and would need to park on grass after each session. this year the fbk invite has near 4000 people as going though... pretty wild.

the drifting is in its own session, like everybody pulled off then the guys did that... 2 sessions? you could take your own car out if you wanted. like 5 club fr guys or something? i was amused once although ready to get my own self on track and back to lapping after that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info