Who wears a helmet when they're on a motorcycle?

Do you wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle?

• Yes

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Sometimes, on longer trips, etc.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i own one, but dont wear it.

ill go ahead and be that "guy"......

i dont drive like a dick on the road and never drink while riding. i believe that i have control of my surroundings and respect the FUCK outta other cars and truck on the road. yup, im that dude that goes the speed limit and keeps outta the way of everything. i also try to plan bike trips and rides during no so trafficy times.

we all know anything can happen. im just sharing my logic.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I don't wear it unless it is a longer trip. I know they say most accidents happen close to home but that has always been my logic. I do open it up sometimes (it is a Harley so not that fast) and have hit over 100mph without a helmet. With that said I'm seriously considering wearing one for this season. It sounds good here but who knows if I'll actually follow through.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
back in my riding days I was riding rockets. needless to say I rode all out all the time when way out west. around town I did ride responsibly most of the time. I always wore gear head to toe. most was helmet, good jacket, gloves and boots. gear now a days is comfortable and looks good so really no down point. I do see not wearing some stuff if your cruising.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I always ride with my helmet, I went for a ride with my brother this past weekend and here he was in a shirt and no helmet and I was wearing full gear. I don't give a shit what I look like if there is a chance I can live or walk away from an accident I am going to increase my odds.

The day I got this cruiser bike is the day I got my wife a helmet. She has never worn a helmet with any other person but if she wants on my bike she is going to wear it.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
During an internship in California in college I was lucky enough to bring my bike with me to enjoy but had to wear a helmet as its state law. I hated the idea of wearing one since I rarely did back home but am fortunate as I got into a seemingly minor wreck. Pulling off a canyon rode I unexpectedly hit a gravel patch and got pinned under my bike until a bystander helped me up. I was scrapped up a bit but fine. It wasn't until I got home later that evening I noticed a nice sized puncture in the helmet from my head hitting a rock. Without the helmet I would have likely been knocked unconscious or worse.

I used to care about how I looked on the bike, not wearing a helmet, but have come to the obvious reasoning that safety is more important. Do I miss the feeling of the wind in my face as I ride? Sure, but getting home safe matters more. If I ever get a bike again I won't leave home without one.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I always wear mine. It's just a half helmet and it actually helps keep my head cool in the sun and doesn't block my vision at all. I'm not worried at all about going off the road or crashing myself as I ride very slow and easy, but I'm terrified about a car blasting me from behind or pulling out in front of me. I mean I try and stay aware/ look for "outs" anytime I ride but you just never know. Another thing I always wear is leather gloves. If I go down I know I'm going to instinctively put my hands down and last thing I need is grinding all the meat off my hands considering that's how I make a living

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I grew up on dirt bikes. That's a good way to learn the helmet rule. On dirt, you either break your helmet or you break your head.

Our administrative assistant was in a motorcycle crash a few days ago when a car pulled out in front of her and her BF. They were wearing helmets. She has a shoulder injury and road rash gouges but their heads are OK.

Thread Info