GM extended warranty?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Years ago there was a dealership that was selling GM extended warranties for a great price, anyone remember what dealer it was? I know it was out of state, but can't remember much more.

Reason I ask is, my younger brother bought a used certified 2012 Impala less than a year ago, the 1yr/12k just expired (over on mileage in just 8 months) he goes to college in Nebraska and is in ROTC so between limited time the fact he is not mechanically inclined (unless you want to destroy things) I've been trying to search around if there was anything that was like a bumper to bumper INCASE he has an issue that couldn't wait until he/the car was home.

Basically if the price is right it might be worth it for peace of mind? Thoughts?

-Nick

Oh Noez

Addict
Oct 12, 2012
If it is out of factory 3/36 and past its 1/12 GM will not let you get their extended warranty. (at least that was the case 1.5yrs ago when i was still a service advisor)

Basicly it still has to either be under a current valid GMPP or the 3/36 factory for them to sell you a warranty.

Your options at this point are all aftermarket. We always had good luck with wynns extended. But others may have different feelings.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Thanks I appreciate it.

Ok good news. The AM has no issue with granting you the exception to purchase a GMPP. A few things however.

1. The vehicle would have to be brought in for an inspection. My guess is you would bring it to Mike Haggerty since you said that was close to you??

2. If something is found wrong, like a tie rod is loose, it will have to be corrected before you purchase the plan of course. As we could not be liable for preexisting conditions.

Finally if you would like to have this done you just have to schedule the inspection with the dealer and give me a heads up so I can let them and the AM know that it is coming in. This will make the process go a lot smoother. Then once you purchase the said plan we will push the plan through on our end.

If you are interested in getting this started just let me know. I already have the vehicle information I would just need your full name, or your brothers full name so I can let them know who you are. (Besides being just the guy on the forum lol!)

Let me know

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Ok good news. The AM has no issue with granting you the exception to purchase a GMPP. A few things however.

1. The vehicle would have to be brought in for an inspection. My guess is you would bring it to Mike Haggerty since you said that was close to you??

2. If something is found wrong, like a tie rod is loose, it will have to be corrected before you purchase the plan of course. As we could not be liable for preexisting conditions.

Finally if you would like to have this done you just have to schedule the inspection with the dealer and give me a heads up so I can let them and the AM know that it is coming in. This will make the process go a lot smoother. Then once you purchase the said plan we will push the plan through on our end.

If you are interested in getting this started just let me know. I already have the vehicle information I would just need your full name, or your brothers full name so I can let them know who you are. (Besides being just the guy on the forum lol!)

Let me know

That's great.

1. That's fine, yes they're the closest, and it was just in there last week to get some repairs done so It should have no issue getting a clean bill of health.

2. Of course.

If we do decide it would probably be tomorrow as I'm off and can go with my mom (who's name it is under) as she will make the ultimate decision.

The only questions I have are How much and what is the coverage??

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Well I can't speak for the dealer because they do all of our sales. I have access to what the dealer pays for the plan. Unfortunatly I cannot give that info out.... However The highest amount of mileage you can get with a GMPP with the mileage you have on your vehicle would be 48k more. So that would bring your coverage until 107,000 ish. Time wise you can go all the way up to 60 months however that would get quite expensive.

So basically a 48 month plan 48k additional miles with 100 deductable could possibly run you about 2100-2500 dollars or so. Yea that seems pricey, but the vehicle is used and at 60k miles already. In contrast if you needed a rack and pinion and a power steering pump the plan has already paid for itself. And trust me those items fail a lot on newer GM vehicles. Plus no one covers more items on the vehicle than our plans.

Let me know how you feel about it. If the dealer gives you a crazy price let me know and I'll see if I can work out a deal with them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list