Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
From his FB

CaddyFBPost.png

The crash at the 'Ring doesn't necessarily mean it's the car's fault.

Even if the Vs do drive better and outperform the German cars in EVERY way, the fanbois will not change their viewpoints.

But I'm with Mike K, hopefully they do at least bring up the nailed togetherness of the interior. The quality of the materials seems to be there, but the actual fit and finish portion is lacking as of yet.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Wait another year and he will leave Cadillac based on past history. Cadillac is building nicer cars, but this fanboy needs to simply look at sales numbers to see that the brand itself is still in trouble.

that's what i was going to say too. the sales numbers don't seem to be there. do people shopping cadillacs even really care about ring numbers? the chicago bmw club is going to have 15 driving events this year. cadillac? whatever they appear to shave away from bmw appears to be a slow and trivial carving.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
As America ages, Caddy should do better. I never would have bought one when I was younger but now the CTS appeals to me as a Realtor car. Plenty of room for customers, used ones drop in price fast and usually aren't beat on.

Down here in the land of the old, every other car is a Caddy or luxo barge.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I'll take a 2% hit in driving dynamics for a 50% better interior.

I agree that typical GM interiors have always left something to be desired, and I do enjoy a quality german-car interior. However, a company like GM making an interior that truly rivals Audi/BMW/MB won't really be that hard an accomplishment. I suppose the question really becomes whether or not they can justify the increase in production cost against the revenue stream.

that's what i was going to say too. the sales numbers don't seem to be there. do people shopping cadillacs even really care about ring numbers? the chicago bmw club is going to have 15 driving events this year. cadillac? whatever they appear to shave away from bmw appears to be a slow and trivial carving.

The demographic that buys a regular Caddy versus a V Caddy are about as different from one another as those who buy Audi S/RS cars versus a regular Audi to putt around in. If you are buying a Caddy V then you aren't looking at the purchase from the same perspective that a regular Caddy owner will be. So in that case, I would suspect that 'ring times would stand a much higher chance of being weighed in the overall balance when determining if it's the right car for a potential buyer. If I were cross-shopping Caddy V cars, I would look at their 'ring times to see what they do. It wouldn't be paramount, but it would be factored in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info