Just picked up my "first" motorcycle

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
This morning when it was 40 degrees out and windy as hell with a few snowflakes flying around (I thought I was hallucinating!). I drove this 20 miles home. Honestly it wasn't that bad except for the stiff cross winds at times. I used to think those die hard Harley guys riding around in this weather were crazy, now I know it's really not that bad.

56a3b1baffc9ec0f14b6cd04fd46a86b.jpg

Now I have ridden many bikes but never owned my own, never had the cash or priorities were not conducive with dropping some major coin for the bike I wanted. I could have started with a sportster or softail but I figured I would get what I want and be done with it. I just finished the riders academy over at Conrads HD this past weekend and picked up my M class this morning.

Details on the bike: 2001 Road King Classic with 26k on it, full maintenance records a couple upgrades such as exhaust, lights and chrome. I got all the factory parts plus the stock windshield and the touring pack. The only bad is it needs a new battery and the rear tire within the next 5k miles. There are a few scratches on the tank but I am thinking of painting the bike a totally different color so it didn't matter to me.

This thing rides great I can't wait till some better weather is out and I can get some serious seat time to get comfortable with a bike this size.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info