2014 Ford Flex - Ecoboost

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
So...I picked up my 04 Yukon only a few months back but I don't really like it and miss my truck honestly, but its for the wife to DD. The Yukon has many of the same wear items due for replacement and I don't really feel like doing it all knowing its going to rust out soon as well.

Anyway, I have always had a weird boner for Ford Flex's. They have the space I need for the fam, and would prob be pretty fun in ecoboost awd trim. I need something different, just sick of looking at the GM truck/SUV interiors. One of the other threads got me thinking about leasing too, may go this weekend to see what the leases look like on these things. Anything I should know about these?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's big. That and the dealer issues are the only reason we didn't lease it at the time. A vehicle that big does not jive with roads from the 1920's that are a car and a half wide.

Other than that, it's a solid car and it's huge inside. When I was looking it was $4000 and $189 a month for an SEL with the Titanium appearance package. Navigation/ MyFordTouch added I think $10.00 a month.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
the guy that runs GLD has an ecoboost Flex.. he runs it from time to time.. runs consistant 13.0s with exhaust and tune only :rofl:

Havoc_10-26-13_289_copy.jpg

Yes he does . :)

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
It's big. That and the dealer issues are the only reason we didn't lease it at the time. A vehicle that big does not jive with roads from the 1920's that are a car and a half wide.

Other than that, it's a solid car and it's huge inside. When I was looking it was $4000 and $189 a month for an SEL with the Titanium appearance package. Navigation/ MyFordTouch added I think $10.00 a month.

Yeah, I have detailed a few and def under-quoted, they are much bigger than they appear. Damn, thats it? Was the $4k a security deposit you get back at the end of the lease? This is quite enticing, $200/month for a minivan that is faster than my SS and Bonne with modern amenities. lol I am doing it wrong.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, I have detailed a few and def under-quoted, they are much bigger than they appear. Damn, thats it? Was the $4k a security deposit you get back at the end of the lease? This is quite enticing, $200/month for a minivan that is faster than my SS and Bonne with modern amenities. lol I am doing it wrong.

The $4000 in this case was a capital cost reduction, so basically you're paying some of it down to get lower payments. The bad news there is you don't get any of it back. The good news is you don't have to put $4000. It seemed like such a lop-sided deal to me. $189 a month is nothing and attracts people looking for cheap leases but $4000 down probably scared those same people away. I believe the rule of thumb is that on a 36 month lease each $1000 equals ~$30 a month. So figure if you put nothing down it's still only a $309 a month car. Really cheap.

Here's where you're going to get the sads though. The lease deal was not for the Ecoboost car, just the standard V6. For the Ecoboost car they wanted well north of $400 a month because you had to bump up from an SEL to a limited and then select the EB on top of that.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Maybe not, but not what Im going to spend on something the wife is going to curb and haul around 2 kids with. I really want to get syp's G8 for myself, but I can't bring myself to sell the Bonne and 4 cars is just silly.

I take that back. They're basing that off of MSRP for a loaded SEL Ecoboost. I just built one with every option and the lease payment was 575 with $2000 down. You should be able to do a lot better than that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info