Need some assistance

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
My 03 Expedition has a catalytic converter that is internally breaking apart. It is making a putrid noise that sounds like a motor ripping itself apart. After looking around the amount of money for these cat systems is a little more than I really want to spend. The system has 4 cats. Well seeing 4 is over kill I just want to get it cut out and having a piece of pipe welded in its place. I have see on a forum that this is actually a common thing for people to do to the Expedition. I obviously will take one out on each side of the motor.

There's the background now here is my problem. As most know no shop will do this for legal reasons. Does anyone know of a place I can take this to that would knock this out fairly quick and cheap. I know this is not the right way but NFG here.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
That's hilarious because my Dad said to go there just two minutes ago.

Location makes it pretty much impossible to hollow out. Yeah unfortunately I believe it is the precat which I heard I have a 50% chance of throwing a code after.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• DJ
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list