Fun, Cheap, Reliable, Can you only pick two?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So the thread about the expensive regal at Stask got me thinking about "What cars are Cheap, Reliable, and Fun for under 6K" (And reasonably modern). W-bodys I agree are stout choices,

TONS jump to mind, but obviously lots of it may be subjective. Share what you guys would buy if you had $6k burning in your pocket for something that tickets all 3 boxes. (Yes, I know the post was Reliable, Loaded, and 6K, but to be quite frank, I don't think that many people care about a 10 year old car being 'loaded' here).

My top pics for cheap/reliable/fun for under 6K are:

New Edge GT:

02GT_wiki.jpg

Integra GSR (Or EK/EP Civic Type Rs):

3902994144_d82513f153.jpg

F-Body:

2002-pontiac-firebird-trans-ws-6.jpg

And then into Sedans I'd think:

P51 Panthers:

sc1.jpg

SRT4:

Dodge_SRT-4.jpg

Stickshift Maximas:

maxima_03.jpg

E39 530's:

96-00_BMW_5-Series_E39_sedan.jpg

G35's:

2003_infiniti_g35_sedan_base_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Acura TL:

2004-acura-tl_100030416_m.jpg

How about everyone else? I feel like there are TONS more.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I'd say the is300 deserves a nod for being fun, cheap, and reliable for being around that 6k mark. Run that bitch to 250k miles and it's just as reliable as if it were 50k.

Wow, had no clue those were selling that cheap now. Just looked it up and sure enough, they're out there. Back in the day, every pollock cruising Archer had one of these:rofl:

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
I doubt you'll find a decent example of an LNF 'Balt for 6k or under.

You won't, that's LSJ delta money. Good thing is though, give me your LSJ powered turd, a couple grand and permission to throw the Eaton in the trash- I guarantee the car you'd get back will be fucking hilarious fun. Lol.

I wouldn't want an LNF car out of warranty unless it were a SolSky. Even then, it wouldn't stay that way for long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info