Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Well well well. Interesting.

2015 McLaren P1 vs. 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Comparison - Motor Trend Page 2

2015-mclaren-p1-porsche-918-spyder-track-map.jpg

Everyone knew this day would end with one car faster than the other. That car is the Porsche 918. Its clever all-wheel-drive system, talented Michelin tires, and superior braking performance delivered it not only the fastest lap but also a new record for production cars at this track. It is a superlative performance for a superlative car. Although there's undoubtedly some disappointment in Woking, the P1 remains the quickest-accelerating production car we've ever tested, and that wild sensation of speed leaves a deep impression on Pobst. "It was thrilling and satisfying and, yes, made me want even more," he says. "The P1 felt more like a race car than the 918, which was more super street car. The 918 was more civilized on track and in appearance. The P1 is the wild child."

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Looks like the better brakes on the Porsche made the difference. Just a quick glance at the chart show the P1 faster and pulling more g's in most turns but in nearly every corner the Porsche has more braking force

reading that bottom chart, it's just stating the porsche carried more speed in the braking zones, not that the brakes were performing any differently/better, no?

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I don't know that I'd agree with that. Both James May and Hammond are major Porsche fan-boys so I don't think think they'd mind all that much. Clarkson, tho...

i'm pretty sure one of the stipulations is the test has be on neutral ground, and probably a neutral driver. this will probably be the fairest test in top gear history
clarkson wants the p1 to win, may wants the ferrari, and hammond wants the 918. i'm pretty sure there's a bet in place from last season that jeremy will change his name to jennifer if the porsche is faster than the p1 :rofl:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Top Gear is quite biased towards, especially, British cars and Ferrari. They've never really given Porsche that much love. May is a huge Ferrari swinger in real life, having owned a 430 and now a 458, on the show he's doesn't really seem to have a huge affiliation, and is probably the most unbiased presenter of the three. Clarkson's character on the show, is extremely British product and Ferrari oriented, but in real life, he's a huge Ford and Mercedes nutswinger. Hammond's character swings from British pretty hard on the show and actually pretty hard in real life too, having owned/currently owns a bunch of Land Rovers and Morgans.

I want to believe that they'll be unbiased towards this, as it is something somewhat "important"

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
From jalopnik:

Now we find out exactly what went down with the "fracas" that got Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the show: he apparently aimed a punch at a producer. Also, more of this season's episodes have been postponed.6
Jeremy Clarkson Suspended By BBC, Top Gear Won't Air Sunday

Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended from Top Gear by the BBC following an alleged dispute with a… Read more

Radio Times reports Clarkson threw a punch at a male producer during an altercation last week. The alleged fight was only reported to the BBC yesterday. There's no indication who the producer was at the moment, though that term is a wide umbrella on Top Gear.

In addition, while the BBC already confirmed this Sunday's episode has been postponed, Radio Times has learned the remaining two episodes of the season will also be postponed until an investigation into the matter is completed.

More on this as we get it

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
From jalopnik:

Now we find out exactly what went down with the "fracas" that got Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the show: he apparently aimed a punch at a producer. Also, more of this season's episodes have been postponed.6
Jeremy Clarkson Suspended By BBC, Top Gear Won't Air Sunday

Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended from Top Gear by the BBC following an alleged dispute with a… Read more

Radio Times reports Clarkson threw a punch at a male producer during an altercation last week. The alleged fight was only reported to the BBC yesterday. There's no indication who the producer was at the moment, though that term is a wide umbrella on Top Gear.

In addition, while the BBC already confirmed this Sunday's episode has been postponed, Radio Times has learned the remaining two episodes of the season will also be postponed until an investigation into the matter is completed.

More on this as we get it

FYI, there's its thread...

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...n-suspended-bbc-top-gear-wont-air-sunday.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info