Buying a Camaro need help/advice

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Why swap to an iron block on a 28k mile car

Maybe he was planning on throwing boost at it and sold off a perfectly good ls1 for more than a 6.0 iron block costs.

OP, it seems like an alright deal. It's probably got a stock rear end so if you check it out listen for some clunking in the rear end. If you plan on drag racing it then you may want to consider saving some money for a 9" rear end

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Check that VIN ... Carfax and such. Otherwise seems good ...

This, low mile car to have a motor swapped in. Make sure cluster hasn't been swapped. And how many miles are on the motor if it has been swapped? Was it fresh when it went in, or was is a 100k truck motor that they dropped right in? I looks like a clean car. If it does only have 28k on it, then the suspension should be good.

Edit: saw they say the engine has 20k on it. I would ask for some type of proof.

Cobra_DJ99

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2004
Thats why i love this website, a bunch of real gearheads with great advice.. I was ready to flu down to texas, but theres a few red flags i dont care to test out.. Going to stay away from this one.. Now the hunt begins again for another fbody/foxbody.. Anyone know of anything out there?

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
I was wrong...
not in 219 but can meet up, Crestwood Illinois
2000 Camaro Z28
Ls1 motor
Clean interior
$4500 Obo or trades?
190k on car, 135k on dash, 20k on trans and rear end with receipts... Tons of receipts!
New brakes and tires, new exhaust. No check engine light. T tops don't leak. Car runs and drives great! Lemme know if interested. Thanks.

Cobra_DJ99

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2004
I was wrong...
not in 219 but can meet up, Crestwood Illinois
2000 Camaro Z28
Ls1 motor
Clean interior
$4500 Obo or trades?
190k on car, 135k on dash, 20k on trans and rear end with receipts... Tons of receipts!
New brakes and tires, new exhaust. No check engine light. T tops don't leak. Car runs and drives great! Lemme know if interested. Thanks.

Appreciate the offer looking for something with lower miles...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info