TX2K--anyone going this year//any past attendees??

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
So 2015 is the year...been trying to go for the past few years but just couldn't make it happen. Plan is to drive down there in my prius..:rofl: then to rent a v8 stang or camaro--or both. Going with about 3-4 other guys..

Besides the official events, as far as the night scene goes with the street car racing and all...does anyone have any insight or past experience as to how it goes down? I'm sure there isn't a sign that says where its happening, nor is going to be plainly obvious...or is it?:hsugh:

Any info would be appreciated! :)

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
I made a tread about this not too long ago. I will be down there looking for action. I'm not exactly sure how it works but I am trying to set something up with some texas guys down there.

So do you mean by 'action' that you're gonna be racing for $$$ or just for fun and spectating? I'm going down just to have a good time to watch fast cars in action. And if you do figure out how it works...please share...:p

Link to thread?

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I guess we should start booking for a hotel now it seems from your post...:eek3:

Omni is already sold out from what I hear. Thats the one with the big parking garage you always see in the videos.

Lots of others have filled up too. My buddy goes every year and he already booked his room back in early January. He's trying to get his BEAST lsx rx-7 ready for it but if it aint done in time, he'll be in the TT 98 cobra. He's going to try and get an invite to Mullet's garage this year.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
From what I have gathered from friends who have been there the high end cars you see on youtube (IE UGR lambos and such) are extremely hard to get into their groups for night time roll racing. They meet at shops and are very tight lipped. As far as dig racing and what not I am sure there are plenty of random people you would be able to find.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
From what I have gathered from friends who have been there the high end cars you see on youtube (IE UGR lambos and such) are extremely hard to get into their groups for night time roll racing. They meet at shops and are very tight lipped. As far as dig racing and what not I am sure there are plenty of random people you would be able to find.

Omni is already sold out from what I hear. Thats the one with the big parking garage you always see in the videos.

Lots of others have filled up too. My buddy goes every year and he already booked his room back in early January. He's trying to get his BEAST lsx rx-7 ready for it but if it aint done in time, he'll be in the TT 98 cobra. He's going to try and get an invite to Mullet's garage this year.

Thanks!

Kinda expected for the high end stuff to be under wraps, no surprise there.

Is the street/highway racing scene going on pretty much every night?

Have a friend who lives in houston who gave me the go ahead to crash at his place for the weekend so hopefully that works out!

apparently one way airfare trips are starting at $87..may just fly down there.

Sharkey

Regular
Sep 19, 2012
Was down there the last two years. I just started a new job or was going down there. Its a lot of fun. Be carful, and if doing highway hits, don't go with the moronic large groups. The dig scene isn't as large but the guys who do it are cool, and is usually a good time. Have fun and stay safe!

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
Was down there the last two years. I just started a new job or was going down there. Its a lot of fun. Be carful, and if doing highway hits, don't go with the moronic large groups. The dig scene isn't as large but the guys who do it are cool, and is usually a good time. Have fun and stay safe!

How much dig action was there last time you went?

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I got the full TX2K13 vid saved on my computer and just watched some of it. Looks like everyone meets up at that Omni hotel parking garage for a "Luke's beef" style car show before taking to the steets. All the really exotic stuff (UGR lambos) meets outside some guys shop in an industrial park.

Only saw 1 or 2 races from a dig in the vid. Oh, and alot of bikes too.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I got the full TX2K13 vid saved on my computer and just watched some of it. Looks like everyone meets up at that Omni hotel parking garage for a "Luke's beef" style car show before taking to the steets. All the really exotic stuff (UGR lambos) meets outside some guys shop in an industrial park.

Only saw 1 or 2 races from a dig in the vid. Oh, and alot of bikes too.

The shop is Mullet's. At least it was last year. Very closed lip invite only.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info