Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Supra

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Hey y'all. I'm in the market for another toy to add to my stable. Since i've had nice weather out here i've been getting the itch for something else to add.

Choices:

2001 SOM Ws6: I've been missing my old T/A lately. I have also wanted this color for the longest time. The hard part would be finding one that isn't run into the ground or asking for a shit ton of money. Apparently these still bring good money due to the rarity of the color.

P3248793_4_5231.jpg

2009-2013 STI: What can i say, i am a sucker for these especially in hatch form.

maxresdefault.jpg

93-98 Supra: I know these still demand a premium so to find one that isn't beat to all hell or one that isn't sky high as far as price might be a challenge.

images

What say you TCG.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Expect to pay at least 25k for a 6spd supra. And even then, it might just be a twin turbo car with 120k+ miles.

Deals are out there but you have to spend a lot of time looking.

If you're on Facebook, join... I forget the name. I'll link it when I'm at a computer. It's a supra buy and sell group. Some decent deals pop up from time to time.

edit:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/235307523165508/?fref=nf

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Expect to pay at least 25k for a 6spd supra. And even then, it might just be a twin turbo car with 120k+ miles.

Deals are out there but you have to spend a lot of time looking.

If you're on Facebook, join... I forget the name. I'll link it when I'm at a computer. It's a supra buy and sell group. Some decent deals pop up from time to time.

Since i know you owned a supra. What was your overall impression? How well do they hold up with the higher miles? (i do not know how many miles were on yours).

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Since i know you owned a supra. What was your overall impression? How well do they hold up with the higher miles? (i do not know how many miles were on yours).

Higher miles arent really a big deal on these cars. The obvious problem with high miles is the body can take a beating. Faded paint, dents, scratches, etc. A lot of the 6spd guys (when I was shopping) didnt take good care of their cars.

The ones that did wanted 30k+ and had 90k miles or so.

My car has 120k miles when I bought it but that was on the body only. Everything else had literally 20k miles or so.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy a high mileage supra, just be prepared to still pay a lot for one.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Dang, i didn't even think of the NSX. Thanks Mike K.

Yeah, i've been on supra trader just looking and most of the prices that people want for them are INSANE.

I think the supra might be out unless i can get a fantastic deal on a non-beater supra. lol.

I saw a couple on there with front end damage (really bad front end damage) and they still wanted like 20-30k. :obama:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Dang, i didn't even think of the NSX. Thanks Mike K.

Yeah, i've been on supra trader just looking and most of the prices that people want for them are INSANE.

I think the supra might be out unless i can get a fantastic deal on a non-beater supra. lol.

I saw a couple on there with front end damage (really bad front end damage) and they still wanted like 20-30k. :obama:

If you think prices on there are insane, stay off supraforums :rofl:

Thread Info