Ceramic Tint worth it and what %?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Going to get my car tinted next week, they offer Llumar ATC/ATR and then the CTX (ceramic). It's $199 for the regular ATC tint in 20% or 30% and then $349 for the ceramic tint but this is only available in 15 and 30% so I'd be going 30%. Can't decide between either or if there's a huge difference between 20% and 30%.

Anyone have any thoughts on ceramic tint and is it worth the premium? My car has light interior if it matters. I've gotten every vehicle I've ever had tinted but never ceramic so not familiar with it.

Also does it looks darker than regular dyed tints at the same percentages?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
My tint guy talked me OUT of ceramic stating the benefits will not be seen where we live. More of a florida kinda thing.

Good to know. I mean it's obviously not BLAZING in Colorado, but it's sunny quite a bit but temps aren't like Florida/Texas/Arizona.

Guess I'm leaning towards the non-ceramic 30% at this point. I still want to see when reversing at night so 20% might be a tad dark.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I've been thinking about this for my TransAm. The 3rd gen has that huge rear glass. Wasn't aware there was a ceramic coating. Now I have read and see there are a lot more options than I knew existed.

TransAm gets unbearably hot at times, with the T-Tops + huge rear glass its basically a solarium.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Good to know. I mean it's obviously not BLAZING in Colorado, but it's sunny quite a bit but temps aren't like Florida/Texas/Arizona.

Guess I'm leaning towards the non-ceramic 30% at this point. I still want to see when reversing at night so 20% might be a tad dark.
It's sunny here most days......Id just go darker instead of doing the ceramic. I've got 20% on my car. I don't even know what's legal here :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info