They're starting to roll off fleet duty :popcorn:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Are loaded Taurus much more expensive though? On the SHO board people are buying used 2010s with reasonable mileage for under 20k. I have to assume a high mileage one could be had even cheaper.

Or are you guys actually seeking out the police package cars?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Place I got my CV has started to see a few trickling in. Might have to go check one out. The TT taurii are faster in a straight line than the Hemi Charger PP cars, but may be a tad slower than the Caprices.

I prefer the PP vehicles as they, theoretically, have a bit tougher suspension and peripherals than the civi versions. And you can find them from departments that are easy on their cars and most follow pretty strict maintenance programs. The one thing I would be a bit wary about, of the Taurii in particular, is how well they stand up to PP duty. We know the CV's hold up well, but the unibody cars? I don't know.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
After having our 2014 SHO for 4 weeks now. I am really loving this car. Car handles the snow like a boss! I would buy another. But not $19,000 for a 101,000mile stripped out police interceptor. I can buy a used SHO with less miles fully loaded for that kind of money. But there are those who want that. So more power to them.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
After having our 2014 SHO for 4 weeks now. I am really loving this car. Car handles the snow like a boss! I would buy another. But not $19,000 for a 101,000mile stripped out police interceptor. I can buy a used SHO with less miles fully loaded for that kind of money. But there are those who want that. So more power to them.

Where are you seeing $19k?? The OP is under $14k

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Anybody scared of the abuse factor?

Personally, no. Ford knows how to build a car that can handle abuse, I'll give them that.

im not either.

these cars are maintained better than most civilian cars are by a longshot.

i had a 1998 police lumina for my first car that i beat the ever-living hell out of and it just took it, then my sister had an 03 police impala that she beat like a red-headed step child and it also just took it.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En

I agree, I would rather grab something like this for a little more coin. Very low miles.

Used 2011 Ford Taurus SHO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info