zdjvztmuuqfyufiqbmjd.jpg

635562595257498565-Tacoma0439.JPG

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
More Pics:

First look: 2016 Toyota Tacoma pickup

Here's a quick look at the New 2016 Toyota Tacoma midsize pickup, days before its public debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Monday.

The 2016 Tacoma is entirely new, with a new frame and interior. It should also offer many advanced new features when it goes on sale later this year.

The first images of the 2016 Tacoma show a 4x4 four-door Double Cab model, likely the largest and most expensive version. Toyota also is likely to offer an Access Cab model with a smaller rear seat and rear-hinged back doors. Power is likely to come from V6 and four-cylinder engines.

The grille and headlights are immediately recognizable as new. Their shape brings the Tacoma's appearance more in line with other Toyota trucks like the Tundra pickup and 4Runner SUV.

The Tacoma is the best-selling midsize pickup and a mainstay of Toyota's lineup. The durable little truck helped the automaker establish its reputation for reliable, long-lasting vehicles.

The new 2016 model arrives as the Tacoma faces its toughest competition in years from the new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups that went on sale in 2014. Nissan and Honda are expected to introduce new versions of their midsize Frontier and Ridgeline pickups within a year.

The onslaught of new models could reinvigorate the midsize pickup market, which had been moribund for years.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
My buddy worked at Continental Toyota a few years back. Lube tech next to him put a tacoma on a lift. Started raising it and my buddy hears a loud crash, turns around and truck is in a V on the floor.

Also said the "toyota authorized test" to see if your frame should be replaced yet was to literally hit it with a ball peen hammer. If it went through, new frame for you!

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
They will put the 4Runner v6 in it and give it a nicer interior. I don't think it's enough to keep loyal Tacoma owners. The Tacoma's forums are full of disappointed owners.

By saying they'll use the 4runner V6 I assume you mean the Dual VVT-i version of the 1GR-FE?

GM's 3.6 is soooo much better than the 1GR's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info