I'm looking for bad advice... Ver. #failfinity

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
...and I know TCG would be more than happy to hand it out.

This entices me: http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/sale-automotive/141277-2010-bmw-535i-$29-000-shipped.html

But Mike's car is in CA and that is far away and I need to cross shop a few things to make sure it is what I really want. If I want it. Don't want to get Mike's dick hard.

So TCG if you had a max budget of 30k, would prefer to be under 25 though. What would you buy?

Luxury Sport Coupe/Sedan/Wagon (I don't have kids)
Better MPG than what I have, which shouldn't be hard.
Heated Seats are required per the wife
Manual>Sport inspired Auto
2010 or newer unless it is super low miles/great deal
Reasonable maintenance/cost of ownership/insurance
RWD>AWD>FWD

Cars that have popped onto my radar while searching:
IS, CTS, 300, BMW 5, Regal, Maxima, ATS, ES, S60, Genesis Sedan

We are selling the VW so I don't want to replace it with an Audi. I don't know much about Mercedes so if you are going to suggest that you will need to pitch it. The front of the Acura doesn't appeal to me, but I have been told you can get a black out kit for the chrome and it looks much better. The Korean cars don't seem sporty enough. The Infiniti G cars haven't appealed to be since they first came out.

uhhhhhh, that should get us started.

:nice:

P.S. I won't buy a silver car, and I probably won't buy a black car.

Last edited:

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
I currently lease a 2014 Buick Regal Turbo for my Daily Driver. I have to admit the car is very fun to drive and not your typical Buick. 295 ft/lb of torque is great as it comes on around 2000 RPMs.

However, I have a lead foot and am almost always in boost, which gets me 16mpg with all city driving. On the highway I see 30mpg+ as long as I set the cruise under 75.

My .02

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Looking at this all wrong.

How much can the wife sacrifice for your entertainment needs?

I mean seriously, how much overtime is she willing to work to show you how much she loves you?

You don't NEED a Bentley, but it would be nice. How about she just commits to a nice Shelby Mustang or Hellcat for you?

Doesn't she love you? Doesn't she WANT you to be happy?

I'm just sayin'....

Good wimmin' is hard to find.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info