So what ever happened to selling individual parts? (Hurst gripe)

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
So, I called up Hurst today looking for a 1-R lever arm for my 3 speed. Right now I have an arm I made myself for 1-R, and although it works it's not quite right in terms of calibration (you have to work to put it in to the 2-3 side.)

Because of this and it being 12 kinds of cold out, I decided to give Hurst a ring and ask them if they had one. Their reply was that they don't break their kits up.

Am I wrong to think that it sucks you can't get replacement parts for a shifter? I mean, it's not like this stuff doesn't get lost or even broken from time to time. I'm even okay with getting gouged a bit because it's a singleton part. Perhaps I'm used to the "old" way of thinking where you can actually get service parts for items you buy.

Am I that far off base here? Maybe I have lost touch with being in a throw away society?

Anyone know someone that's got some spare levers for a Hurst shifter on a M15 Muncie 3 speed?

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Definitely a throw away society. Very rare to find people willing to fix something instead of just tossing it in favor of a newer model. That being said, it also seems like Hurst has really gone downhill in recent years. My dad was huge into old muscle cars, owned a number of them and all with Hurst shifter equipped 4spds. The most recent one we bought and installed on our 73 Nova SS, though, had nothing but problems and didn't seem to want to adjust properly. The new-era GTO guys also have huge complaints about their Hurst shifters all out breaking on those cars due to cheap construction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info