ZR1 Trade For C7Z "Interesting Read"

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Seen this on CF while browsing around...

Decided to go ahead and trade ZR1 in on a Z06 tomorrow - Corvette Forum

Post #1 "Yesterday"
i have been on the fence for a couple of weeks about this , after all the " bad " performance related press the car has gotten , mostly here on this forum . Also i cant say that i am not dissapointed that i am clearly trading my car in on a slower car , but after reading positive review after positive review from literally everyone who has actually picked up their cars . I decided to go ahead with the trade .

As fond as i am of the Zr-1 i am tired of the C-6 in general after owning five of them , two z06 two z51 and one zr-1 . I think i have come to terms with the car not being as fast as originally expected and hope that it makes up for that lack of straight line performance , in every other possible way and of course theres always an aftermarket tune to think about . but a mid eleven second car is still pretty dam fast and fun to drive. I do feel like gm mislead us regarding this cars straight line performance and i am not happy about that .

one black /black z06 being picked up in the am

Post #49 "Today"
ok wanted to post quickly before my first impressions fade .

Spoiler alert . love the new car and no regrets with purchase as others have said would be the case . However i am not happy with everything .

ok first impression : i am coming out of a 2009 zr-1 and before that a 2013 911 twin turbo s .

the new Z actually reminded me a lot of the porsche , tighter , stiffer ( but not uncomfortable ) a little more cramped then the ZR a more upright seating postion ( cant recline as much as c6 ) . I have 2lz with base seats and they are not as soft as ZR seat which was a 3lz but they are much more comfortable then those in porsche and much more supportive then ZR . steeering is quicker and in my opinion too light in touring mode requires constant correction , but is weighted nicely in sport and track modes .

Stereo , nav etc.. miles ahead of old car .

putting it in seventh gear takes some effort and getting used to .

Rev mathching is great not sure its needed but its fun .

Orange peel ( rather not talk about this ) i will say its no worse then my sons new black bmw , but its not good .

i got my last licks in pretty good in the zr-1 just before hopping in this car and back on the highway .

The bad part : 650 h.p. and 650 torque ? seems very hard to believe car feels like its pulling a boat compared to zr-1 and mine was stock . Also i hate the sound of the exhaust , where the zr sounded like a formula car winding up this car has more of a rap rap rap type exhaust note and its not to my taste . Also seems to have a much higher ride height or maybe its just the gap in wheel wells . I didnt think i would be one of the guys lowering the car but i will tomorrow am .

i love the car , the looks , the feel the whole driving experience and i am glad i am out of the C6 it just feels like a classic car compared to a state of the art car .

I will say i am dissapointed even after being forewarned , in the performance and it has to be more then the weight . i have had 300lb. buddies in my zr and never noticed much difference whether somone was in car with me or not . car would always fight for traction in first and second , always . Would have to put heat into the tires just to try to get it to try to hook in second . Dont have those problems with this car so far , a little in first but second no problem all grip shouldnt 650lb of torque be even more of a handful then the zr if not actually faster ? and you definetly dont have the same sensation of speed not even close .

i love the car in general but feel we were all lied to . ZR-1 replacment for less money ?, Faster then ZR-1 around their track , more hp , more tq. Their quarter mile times for z06 were about the same as their times for zr-1 thats bs right there . somethings not right and the only option to maybe help voids the warranty ?. In this factory " race car " thats ******** !. its been pretty well proven that the car loses power quickly after just a few runs that alone is a major problem . The guys who were going to road race this car are screwed , arent they ?.

I think GM should have given buyer the choice of a 100k warranty then ecu as delivered or 50k warranty or even 36 k warranty full power unleashed . I know i would have chosen the shorter warranty for sure .

Maybe a class action suit will get their attention .

my apologies to the guys who love their cars , dont get me wrong i am with you but the performance is just not as advertised and had this car been what they said it was, it would have been happy days all over again like when i bought my first z06 almost exactly nine years ago today . the fact that this car has 145 more hp then that car and while probably a little quicker its definetly not by much not near by another 145 hp's worth .

no one else doesnt like the exhaust sound ?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Class action lawsuit? Really?

I was shaking my head when I read that part, the guy, if serious, is completely delusional. Of course GM is going to market the shit out of this car and say it is the best car ever. As the consumer you must look past the marketing, read others reviews, take into account editorial reviews, test drive the car, and form YOUR OWN opinion.

If you buy a performance car and you end up not liking the performance of the car, you only have yourself to blame.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Spend any time with (or as) an engineer, and you will probably hear the phrase “Faster, better, cheaper — pick two.” Sometimes referred to as The Iron Triangle, this supposedly self-evident truism is repeated with great regularity among technologists, program managers and engineers, usually to justify the extensive amount of time and money expended on large, high-tech projects.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
3800's nails all three....the trans...on the other hand....not. so. much.

mj-laughing.gif

Breze84

Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Did he ever stop to think maybe it's like what Ford does with the GT500 and limits the ECU until "x" amount of miles before it's unlocked?

This guy is yet another dipshit that somehow has a lot of money.

According to what I have heard and read on CF, All the tuners who have looked at the tables say there is no "De-Tune" To the car... idk...

Breze84

Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Read this in another thread... C6Z vs. C7Z

Originally Posted by C.L@hifloenginesinc View Post
we did the race last night. the outcome was pretty damn close to what you said...2 pulls from 45-to 140 50-145 first run the c7z get about a half car pull right off...by 3rd gear the race was dead even. by the end of the 1st run the c6z had maybe a full car 2nd run the c6z came out even again was even untill 3rd gear c6z car car an half c7z has 600 miles the 07c6z has 35k miles only mods to the c6z was bronze valve guides ss valves. c6z wear guides so this was done by me to keep the engines from dropping an exhaust valve. i'll try to get the c7z owner to post the vid to my page. but hes pretty pissed about it.https://www.facebook.com/Hifloengines?ref=hl

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info