Turbo stupid and need help

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
Long story short I got told to even compete with the bigger boys here I need to have 500+ hp. SO I have a l33 and a 93 s10 blazer and a 5.3 that needs bearings so I am looking at building a budget build as I only have 800 in the whole motor and truck together so here is me reaching out so some of the locals have no Idea what hits them.

Breakdown of current thoughts
93 s10 4 dr blazer that was/ is a 4.3 4l60e truck. No cancer
l33 out of an envoy spun bearing complete oil pan to intake minus the accessories
located a ls1 crank (lighter but same stroke) from what I read
stock 4l80e 4wd out of a 2500 HD gasser ( lq4 spun a bearing too)
looking to keep 4wd
standalone ecu and tuning is the winter project
looking at a 8.8 shortened rear
I have a GTO I am parting so I think the brakes will be adapted to fit.
Not sure on the cam yet if I stick a ms3 in the GTO I am rebuilding with l92 heads I may just stab the ls2 cam in the 5.3
Manifolds will be custom logs built by a buddy that wants to see this done and boosted.
2 in fiberglass Cowl hood
boxed frame with possibly the exhaust ran in the frame ( buddy's idea)
jeep steering shaft upgrade
c5/fbody accessories
ported stock 799 cast heads with possibly 243 valves if I find some
1.8 roller rockers
ls7 lifters
Tuning via HPT
notched and boxed crossmember so the truck pan can work
looking at a custom DS that I grabbed off a TB in the junk yard that is aluminum.
Stock truck manifold that has been ported/polished
60# injectors for e85
rims for now till the brake upgrade are 2nd gen TA flakes and to me they look bad ass. Will prolly pick up some 18x9 for front and 19x10 out back if a little tubbing is needed then eventually it will happen but for now that is not a huge concern.

All that being said I am trading the welding work for a spare gen 3 m90 I have so he can boost his lincoln.

Now to hit a consistent 500 off the bottle and not scatter the "baby ls1" what trim turbo would most likely make 500-540 awhp. I know I could get alot more out of an lm7 or a lq4 but from all the research the l33 is with in 25-40 lbs of the stock 4.3 weight therefore front suspension should still be ok for now.

If you want flame away but I am hoping that is an achievable # even here in the mountains. I have a moddd typhoon in my sights to embarrass.

I dont post much but I like to lurk at work when Im bored. Ill post pics in the next week when time allows, also if the gremlins are easy to pinpoint in the regal I should have some more tear down pics as the gf will be gone for 2 weeks and I will have plenty of wrench time.

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
are you going awd? i saw awhp- only reason i ask

AWD/4wd I have the 80e out of the 2500 I grabbed the trans and tcase and lq4 and DS and all the wiring from. Negotiated with the guy as part of a class project and got an A in the class lol.

I would be find with a setup that did 475 on pump gas or 500+ on corn just looking to keep it in the running around here. I thought about running meth but I think n2o would be a better way to go to spin into boost quicker

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
Yeah my next question was, did the 4.3 blazers come with the 4L60?

the 91 was the first year of 60e if I am not mistaken and I do know it has a non removable bellhousing 60 in it now that is the sbc bolt pattern. I tried to load pics from my phone but its being gay and not cooperating. The big trouble i see happening is the trans crossmember needing fabbed up and the oil pan clearing the front diff. If it doesnt work right out of the box get a bigger hammer lol. I am selling one of my trans ams to make this project a go so I cant wait for this summer if all goes well. I know some of you dont get it but in the end I will use this to chase tornados for fun back home. I have a killer pic of my GTO that I was in when a storm came barrelling down on me one time while I was visiting the folks.

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
I have to finish the regal build first then pray to the car gods that the beaters trans holds till the weather is nicer. then the beater is getting a HD instead of a non hd trans so that maybe if funds and time frees up a bit I can turbo it and go trolling for lolz since it is beat to hell. its ugly and missing 4th but goes everytime i turn the key and that is all that matters for this winter. I think it may have a cracked flexplate but its only noisy when cold so i dont think its the end of the world yet. As long as it gets me through the winter and delivers all the pizzas this winter this spring I will give it a new rack and cradle and LCAs and wheel bearings and a dorman sway bar and trailing arms.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info