Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Absolutely sickening :bowrofl::bowrofl: I love the Agera so fucking much.

Spots to skip to -

:36 for specs on both cars
1:43ish for the first race
3:32ish for second race
7:08ish for second race different angle
8:27ish for first race, agera angle
9:41 for second race, different angle (i think?)

The vid WAS shot in 4k, so if youve got something that can support it, I envy you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkC_ZZueQ6c

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Koenigsegg is taking the cars to the Ring and he says they will buttfuck all records.

Few bragging rights are as hotly contested as Nürburgring lap times. Things have gotten so heated, in fact, that automakers have started slicing up the pie even finer: who makes the fastest sedan ever to lap the Norschleife, who the fastest front-driver, the fastest this and the fastest that. But the ultimate bragging rights still belong at the top of the leaderboard for the fastest street-legal production car. And now another exotic automaker is throwing its hat in the ring.

Aside from the Radical SR8 (which you could barely call "street-legal" or "standard production"), the fastest lap time currently belongs to the Porsche 918 Spyder at 6:57. McLaren for its part claims its P1 also cracked the seven-minute mark, but won't say by how much. Koenigsegg, however, says it can blow them both out of the water, and is willing to put its 3D-printed money where its carbon-fiber mouth is.

According to Car and Driver, which spoke to Christian von Koenigsegg himself while visiting its factory, the Swedish automaker is preparing to bring two versions of its Agera supercar to the Nürburgring in an effort to claim the top spot for itself. First it will bring the Agera R, which it points out is more powerful and lighter in weight than the 918 Spyder, to break the current record – something which it is confident it can do. But it won't stop there.

After breaking the 918's record, Koenigsegg aims to return with the One:1 – a derivative that it calls "the world's first megacar" – and shatter even the Agera R's time – the boutique automaker is projecting a lap time of under 6:40 for the One:1. With 1,341 horsepower on tap, even more downforce on offer and a perfect power-to-weight ratio of one horsepower per kilogram of weight, it stands a real chance of achieving its goals.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
koenigsegg-one1-hypercar-3.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I love the Koenigsegg, however I've never really seen a lap time comparison between it and the 918, P1, or Huayra. Top Gear had the CCX on track, but thats old news compared to the current hyper cars.

I think in handling and braking the P1 would probably win out over the Agera.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info