What cars did a redesign ruin for you?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
As a car enthusiast there's a plethora of cars I appreciate and consider for future purchase that are always in the back of my mind. The Audi A7 and Porsche Panamera are two that come to mind. But sometimes in the midst of that pining a facelift is revealed and suddenly the car you found yourself lusting over looks just... old. And bad.

What are those cars for you? For me? The A7. It's a car that grew on me and I've often considered pulling the trigger on a used one were it not for the A6 interior. Not a fan of that. But the outside looks amazing.

2012_audi_a7_sedan_premium_fq_oem_6_500.jpg

Then they released this for 2015:

2015-audi-a7-front-angle-view.jpg

And that's that. Now I look at the 2012-14 models and I can't get by the front end.

Then there's this:

2006-Corvette-1.gif

Now I've never been a big Vette guy but I felt like the C6 was finally the first good looking Corvette in a long while. The C5 is a bucket of meh as far as I'm concerned. Then this:

2014-chevrolet-corvette-628-1361821472.jpg

And just like that the C6 looks like just another cheap 2000's Chevy.

So am I alone here or have there been cars that you like that a remodel ruined for you?

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Yep, this always happens to me. I think, great, the old model will drop in price once the new one comes out. Then you see the new one and it makes the old one look cheap and dated. I have a feeling thats going to happen with the ctsv. I really want a used '10, but once the new one comes out I bet I'll want to wait and get one of those. lol This is why I never get the cars I want, they just keep getting more expensive. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info