[Rolllllllllllllll Racing] Twin Turbo 2014 SRT Viper vs 1000hp Fox

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
Viper owner:

I haven't been beating on the car for the last couple of weeks because we finally got a clutch in Big Red (that's the car's name). The Bad Boyz Garage Forced Induction Triple is just what the Dr. ordered - I wanted to break it in properly so I have a long healthy life out of this clutch... It's got about 400 easy miles on it now and hooking GREAT! So it was time to call out the Fastest Street Mustang in all of South Florida. That's the mustang in this video. It runs 8.90s @160 pretty consistently. It's as bad as bad can be.

About the runs:

Run 1 I was at 11 psi (it was a loss) and starting out in 3rd gear- just starting out at a low (1000 rwhp) power level to make sure I didn't spin out and land in a ditch...

run 2 I was at 11 psi (it was a loss also) again just feeling the car out and starting out in 4th. Again, going easy learning how she does on these tires and this clutch - hoping not to end up in a ditch (as most of you reading this know, these cars have a real propensity to go end over end)

Run 3 was not a race as I did not chase- I had turned up the boost to 14 PSI but let out before blast off because i needed to turn on another fuel pump before I was comfortable making another hit at this (Added) power level. No one wants to cook a $25K engine over a silly race for fun.

Run 4 was the same 3 PSI increase from above (total of 14 PSI) starting and ending in 4th gear and a big WIN.

Run 5 wasn't shown because the 'stang had issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhj6PlUtWfc

Couple of observations from the data log of the pulls:

The ramp rate (for spool up) was turned all the way down (from daily driving to break the clutch in) so my power was coming on way late.

Timing was turned WAY down because I had been running pump gas (instead of E85) while breaking in the new clutch..

Ran out of wastegate springs at 14 PSI - I couldn't get any more boost out of her that last time I turned her up because I tried another hit on the way home to see what 18 PSI would feel like. To no avail... Those little springs just wouldn't give me more boost! I will be putting the proper springs in tomorrow so I can run her on up to 20-21 PSI.

I really hate to sell this car - it's the ultimate package! I might just have to keep it! Everyone needs two TT Gen V's, right!? (right guys?? RIGHT??)

(these runs were made on a closed section of the 'Ring in Germany so all local and applicable laws were obeyed)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info