100 octane near Antioch, IL?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Not quite sure I trust the octane of the fuel in my TransAm, or if its false knock. So I'd like to drain/fill with 100 octane and see if I still get knock readings. If I do, either its really bad, or its just false knock.

Anyone know of a place to get 100 octane in the Chain O Lakes area?

I know there is a gas station that has 100 octane off plum grove in Roselle, but thats a little out of the way, and the car isn't ready to drive that far so I'd need to buy a gas can for that.

Though, if anyone knows of some available booster products that actualy WORK those would work too. I just want to raise the octane up a bit and see if it goes away.

It was reporting 1-2° retard after warming up at idle with 21-25° advance and no load. But the car is open header right now.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Well, after driving around a bit today, I only found 110 leaded. No one had anything better than 93 in unleaded variety.

I will be filling up at the station on Plum Grove & Higgins i guess. I know they carry 100 octane. 2 gallons should be enough to bump the octane enough to determine if its false knock, or true knock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info