DIESEL GUYS - Please step in regarding injectors

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION]

So I've got this fancy 6.0L diesel that was bulletproofed... but its revealed its next weakness to me as I put miles on it. INJECTORS.

Looks like I have a failing injector. My question is, after speaking with my guy, do I replace them all and have FULL peace of mind, or do I save some $ and replace just the failed injector(s)?

Additionally, either way, where do I buy the injectors from? Do I use the updated Ford injectors, or is it "OK" to use someone else's?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I just had a similar issue on the Excursion I had. I had 3 failed injectors. Ford recommended to replace them all. But damn they are like $300 injector. I did however have them replace all glow plugs while they had the valve covers off. The glow plugs are cheap and why not if they are already in there. I went with the recommend OEM injectors.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Your only option for longevity is to go with Fords. They are brand new, which don't require a core so you can sell the cores for a good penny. Pure power is also a good reman injector, new spool valve and all. I believe we just stocked a set.

If you replace just one, and their all at about the same mileage, your going to be in there again when the freeze hits. Think of it as do you want 2 brand new injectors and 6 shitty ones?

I've actually had issues with contribution codes for brand new slugs because the rest suck so bad.

$350 is very cheap, so I'd tread lightly with that quote and workmanship.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
atleast do a full bank(4 at a time) dont just do the 1 thats giving you fault.. its not worth the labor invovled to do just 1 IMO..

fortunatly ive never had to do injectors, so ive never shopped for them from rebuilders.

however the common rail cummins i did a month or so ago had 3 lee auto parts remans and they all failed.. i put a oem mopar, or cummins, whatever u want to call it and everything has been good since. but then agian a cummins is whole lot easier to do than a 6.0 powerstroke

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Your only option for longevity is to go with Fords. They are brand new, which don't require a core so you can sell the cores for a good penny. Pure power is also a good reman injector, new spool valve and all. I believe we just stocked a set.

If you replace just one, and their all at about the same mileage, your going to be in there again when the freeze hits. Think of it as do you want 2 brand new injectors and 6 shitty ones?

I've actually had issues with contribution codes for brand new slugs because the rest suck so bad.

$350 is very cheap, so I'd tread lightly with that quote and workmanship.
Thanks for the reply man. The only reason the labor is cheap is because the guy that did all the labor on the headstud work said the injectors were OK when he had it apart... So he's cutting me a deal.

Didn't think about the core cost, that's a great point. I see they pull like $1k! That's crazy.

Sounds like Ford and to buy a full set is the way to go...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Engine:
6.0L Power Stroke diesel V-8 (based on the International VT 365).
Years Produced:
2003 to 2007 model years.
Displacement:
6.0 liters, 365 cubic inches.
Block/Head Material:
Cast iron block, cast iron cylinder heads.
Compression Ratio:
18.0 : 1
Firing Order:
1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8
Bore:
3.74 inches (95 mm)
Stroke:
4.134 inches (105 mm)
Aspiration:
Single Garrett variable geometry turbocharger (VGT).
Injection:
Direct injection, Electro Hydraulic Generation Two (G2) injection technology (HEUI injectors, 26,000 psi)
Valvetrain:
Single gear driven camshaft, 4-valves per cylinder (32 valve pushrod valvetrain).
Oil Capacity:
15 quarts w/ filter.
Engine Weight:
Approx. 966 lbs w/ oil.
Emissions Equipment:
Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC).
Peak Horsepower:
325 HP @ 3,300 RPM
Peak Torque:
560 lb-ft @ 2,000 RPM (2003-2004 model years)
570 lb-ft @ 2,000 RPM (2005-2007 model years)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info