Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:eek3:
[MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION]

We were pretty confident that we could easily run low 13's and get close to the 12's based on our APR 93 octane dyno testing if we upgraded the front tires and got the launch right on all stock hardware. Unfortunately the best we could muster with our 6 speed manual car was a 13.12 second pass. APR released an update to their Stage 1 tune the other day and I knew with the improved power in first gear we could get into the 12's on 93 octane with all stock hardware.

It's a six speed manual car with the stock clutch and only 550 miles on the odometer, but we were easily able to achieve this time. DSG cars should easily be able to best this. APR Stage 1 Version 1.1 is incredible. It's insane that with only this tune and upgraded front tires we were easily able to run a 12, and can probably improve on this time with some more practice. If you are in the Great Lakes region and own a MK7, we think you should bring it to HS Tuning for an APR Stage 1 ECU upgrade. Also, if you haven't subscribed to our "MK7 Stuff" thread, please do. We're going to continue all of our updates and testing in there.

QkI3c39.jpg

DYyOkl4.png

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I've been waiting for a simple Stage 1 car to hit the 12's (even though it apparently took some grippy tires to do it). The bump in HP and TQ is staggering from just a tune. Trap speeds of 109-110 are no joke...

It would be advisable to spend the extra $1495 for the Performance Package which gives an electronically controlled mechanical limited slip (help put that power down) and bigger brakes (similar to the last Golf R).

Personally, I'm waiting/hoping for a wagon variant with this powerplant... :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info