Any bets on how bad my 2WD truck will suck in the winter?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
It sucks Im already thinking about winter...

I bought this truck after I sold the red sierra, its a 2WD 01 Silverado extended cab with the 5.3, tow package, 3.73 gears, G80, it does have brand new General AT2 245/75/16's.

I keep hearing that its going to suck in the winter but with brand new tires and some sand bags in the bed I should be ok, the last 4WD truck I had also had these tires on it and I barely ever felt the need to put the truck on 4WD.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
My lightning was fine last year with snow tires and two tubes of sand in the back. The all seasons were ok for accelerating if I was going slow. Braking was not good and turning was also not predictable. Your tires should be better than my all seasons. But if you feel uneasy with them go get snow tires. I had never used them before. I was BEYOND impressed with them.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
You will die

Sell immediately, buy 4wd, snow tires and put 12 fat dead men in the bed.

Then you wont die.

LMAO

You will sell it before snow falls

NOPE

Those tires are studdable. Doit

I did look into it but not sure its even necessary, these tires are pretty damn good in snow and like you said rated for heavy snow.

Sounds like its all about the tires when it comes to traction, how much weight would you guys recommend throwing in the bed? 400lbs? 500?

Oh and yes where the hell is [MENTION=19]Kay Jay[/MENTION] ? lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info